What's new
What's new

Toyoda Grinder single point diamond dresser question

shanesuan

Aluminum
I'd like to find a way to automatically adjust the feed rate of the single point dresser based on how many dressing cycles its made. A new dresser has a .016 radius on it and sits at a 30° angle from the wheel. After dressing the wheel 50 times or so, there's a flat worn on the diamond. After 100 dresses the flat gets wider (so on and so forth). I want to increase the feed rate of the dressing pass to keep the wheel freer cutting as the flat gets wider.

I'm a lathe guy, so I think of it like a wiper insert in a lathe. A .016 radius should feed around .004" per rev to hit a 32Ra finish. With a wiper edge you can double the federate.

Is there a way to write a macro like this on a Toyoda GL4A grinder?

Thanks

-Shane

I am curious to know if you ever got an answer. We have a few jobs that require a surface finish and lead test and therefore require a fine dressing that allows very little of that flat to be used. We end up sending them for relapping more often than we should need to as the tools look good but with that flat we chase the lead too much. I think we may get more life out of them with this same concept.

I would say a flat should be turned so the edge of the flat makes a facet or small edge to do the next dressing session. looking at the diamond with a jeweler's loupe might be good.
One may find turning the diamond 10* or 20* gives the best facet/edge.

Last edited:

Back