What's new
What's new

Transfering programs to Okuma OSP-U10L

cnczack

Aluminum
Im setting up a data cable from pc to an rs232 port for an okuma OSP-U10L system, and have never messed with setting an okuma up. Currently were running a floppy emulator thats on its last leg. We have the data cable already connected but not previously working. I know Okuma is much different than a Fanuc system that im use to. Does anyone have any procedures they run through to get this thing up and running? Any information is helpful

Man it's been years, but iirc you have to tell it to receive from the FD0: (floppy drive 0)
Either that or it's like the old 5020 controls where you use data in pip function or something like that.

When I pull from the floppy emulator I do copy from FDO: but I havent tried receive from the FDO

Man it's been years, but iirc you have to tell it to receive from the FD0: (floppy drive 0)
Either that or it's like the old 5020 controls where you use data in pip function or something like that.

When I pull from the floppy emulator I do copy from FDO: but I havent tried receive from the FDO

I know its been a minute since you posted this. We are just now getting around to messing with this again. When we go to input a program in we get an error that the names are not the same. I get to the screen to read and have saved a file name as a generic o2020.min

I go back to the okuma on the read screen and try 02020.min then write and it doesnt work. I eneded up figuring it out back in January but didnt write down what i did because i was quickly onto the next thing. do you know what i may be doing wrong here?

I load from a floppy, so can’t help much.
You did type 0 (zero) 2020 Should be O (letter) 2020. Maybe a typo in your post?

Back