Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I provide machine solutions like DNC Systems for wireless transfer and Hardware for drip feeding that connects via RS-232 if anyone is still having issues you guys can pm for possible solutions or give me a call I will provide my number via pm also checkout our website Home you can ask for chris in the chat box im available most hours.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hadn't looked at this thread I started for a long time as it disapeared from the front page of the site. In rechecking what was posted, I thank all for the comments and also have just found that Shop Floor Automations seems to have released a 'New' device that does just this - wireless USB for cnc machines. I'm hoping it works with my Haas 08 VF2 with V15.06 but notice it is 'only' 128MB storage. 128 times more than machine memory I know, but 128MB seems low in this world of 4GB sticks being available for almost nothing.

Has anyone tried this new unit?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We purchased one of these from Shop Floor Automations to use on our Fadal mill. We are actually using it to DNC programs but there are a few issues with doing that that I won't get into in this post. The unit is actually made by PLR Electronics and Shop Floor just puts their sticker on it and acts as a middle man for getting support. You can buy the unit directly from PLR. The unit is still in beta mode where several feature and options are disabled in the software till a newer version of the firmware becomes available which I am told will be sometime soon.

The stick basically just mirrors a shared folder on your network and it updates as soon as any files are added or removed from the network folder.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRP View Post
    I hadn't looked at this thread I started for a long time as it disapeared from the front page of the site. In rechecking what was posted, I thank all for the comments and also have just found that Shop Floor Automations seems to have released a 'New' device that does just this - wireless USB for cnc machines. I'm hoping it works with my Haas 08 VF2 with V15.06 but notice it is 'only' 128MB storage. 128 times more than machine memory I know, but 128MB seems low in this world of 4GB sticks being available for almost nothing.

Has anyone tried this new unit?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ShopLink WiFLASH
    Connect your CNC's USB to your file server
    WIRELESSLY via WiFi 802.11N
    Eliminates the task of walking a Flash drive to the CNC
    FTP your Folder\Files directly into the Flash drive memory
    Perfect for HAAS NGC, Mazak, Mori Seiki and other CNC's with USB for Flash drives
    www.highlanddnc.com
    Please call and have your questions answered. 941-322-2286.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I rang Calmotion and their unit is still under development as others said. It isn't able to do everything it is supposed to yet but next version was expected soon.

The Shoplink WiFlash looks good, Can't find any information on it except that news on their home page. I will keep an eye out for it. The A/B box is a pretty simple and effective base option. Would be bulletproof but looking to avoid cabling if possible.