What's new
What's new

Traveling issue on Journeyman 325 with Delta 20

NITROCHUCK

Aluminum
15673075_10208330622758937_6748855119844103884_n.jpg

Got Z fixed .... reference machine...middle of X .... Y as far forward as it can be...Z about .100 quill down...GOOD...
Set part zero at X reference point.... Y middle of travel.... Z quill 1.00 down.....
Run program above......
N0020 (0)...is supposed to position machine at X0 Y0 Z.02 ......
I have feedrate set low so i can watch machine.....
machine seems like it rapids towards the Y reference point...and X jogs to the left seemingly towards the stop switch but Y hits it first and trips drives....
What's happening here ????
Shouldnt X0 Y0 be where my part zero is ????
what am i missing...????

Your program looks correct. Do you have your fixture offsets set correctly? Its been years sense I ran a tree but I don't think it referenced with the x in the center if that is what you are saying. On my vmc's with the dynapath. x fixture offset is always a positive and y is always a negative.

Needed a servo card...and then i got 2 and neither worked....finally at 5am i found an A-B jumper that was on A not B ....

View attachment 186837

Got Z fixed .... reference machine...middle of X .... Y as far forward as it can be...Z about .100 quill down...GOOD...
Set part zero at X reference point.... Y middle of travel.... Z quill 1.00 down.....
Run program above......
N0020 (0)...is supposed to position machine at X0 Y0 Z.02 ......
I have feedrate set low so i can watch machine.....
machine seems like it rapids towards the Y reference point...and X jogs to the left seemingly towards the stop switch but Y hits it first and trips drives....
What's happening here ????
Shouldnt X0 Y0 be where my part zero is ????
what am i missing...????

Do you have a manual?Did you do this part program zero set. Jog each axis to where you want each axis zero to be. In jog screen press 9 for zero set then toggle each axis switch. Display will reset each axis to zero. then you can program. I have a 310 tree with a Delta 20 it's my first cnc and it was quite a learning experience but with the manual and another book that came with it that gives many sample programs such as how to use the rotate,repeat and scaling

Well I guess I guessed that right....in the other thread.
You're welcome...
:rolleyes5:

Thank You DKMC .... extensive card setup instructions with ohm values for pots in manual but not a mention of the
jumper... little "jumper B" note on prints....jumper looked like another diode....

so... at my work been asked help fix our journeyman 325 with delta 20 controller. problem we are having is when jogging the X axis we go in a positive direction + but out of nowhere it will go negative -. I'm not very familiar with these mills but need it to run. any idea where to start? what to check for? sorry about not starting new thread as i just found this forum and dont know how start new one. any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this issue only happens when using the jog switches, and not when running a program or using the hand wheel, I'd suggest it may be an input issue. The switches are multiplexed by a board in the control pendent. Then they go to an I/O board in the control.

If you call Dynapath, they can tell you how to watch the I/O bits. You should be able to see if the bit changes when the axis direction changes. At that point we know it's an input issue. Then you have to figure out if it's the switch, the multiplexing board, or the I/O board.

If this issue only happens when using the jog switches, and not when running a program or using the hand wheel, I'd suggest it may be an input issue. The switches are multiplexed by a board in the control pendent. Then they go to an I/O board in the control.

If you call Dynapath, they can tell you how to watch the I/O bits. You should be able to see if the bit changes when the axis direction changes. At that point we know it's an input issue. Then you have to figure out if it's the switch, the multiplexing board, or the I/O board.

looking into this further we can reference 0 on all axis but sometimes when homing out X axis seems like its over traveling, other times X axis will just fault out and not move. when using the hand wheel it does not fault out at all and goes in the direction its told. only when using the jog on control will it act up. and input where go from here? i will try call DynaPath and see what they suggest doing.

Back