What's new
What's new

Tree journeyman 310 lead screw cover repair

jkloepping

Plastic
I have a Tree Journeyman 310 that is new to me. The sliding aluminum covers for the Y axis lead screw have some internal issue and don't slide correctly. I can't see any simple way in the manual to remove these for repair. It looks like some major disassembly has to happen. Do any tree mill owners have a suggestion?

It has been a long time since I worked on one of those. If I remember correctly you have to lift the entire table up. Start with detaching the x axis nut and then the blocks that hold it on the square y axis ways. We had them made at a local sheet metal shop, I believe a bit longer on the two shorter ones and then put some crown in them so stay down at the front and back. we also did not make them out of aluminum.

Detaching the axes

It has been a long time since I worked on one of those. If I remember correctly you have to lift the entire table up. Start with detaching the x axis nut and then the blocks that hold it on the square y axis ways. We had them made at a local sheet metal shop, I believe a bit longer on the two shorter ones and then put some crown in them so stay down at the front and back. we also did not make them out of aluminum.

How do you detach the X and Y axis nuts from their mounts? The Y looks trickiest, because it looks like you'd have to work from under the knee, where I can only see the nut while looking way forward.

thanks.

Never mind my newbie question, I found a nice video on disassembling a Bridgeport and I imagine the Tree is pretty similar.

Back