What's new
What's new

94 vintage Cincinnati Sabre 750 850SX spindle error 16541 Fanuc error AL 12

markp

Hot Rolled
Ive got a 94 vintage Cincinnati Sabre 750 850SX. Today i was rigid tapping some 1/4 20 holes in steel and keeping an eye on the op and on the next to last hole the tap popped. The tap had cleared the hole where it broke off and was maybe a little less than Z for the next position move so it happened after the tap broke. I hit feed hold and got a spindle error. 16541. In the manual it says to power down wait a few moments and restart. I still get the error after that. On the fanuc spindle drive LED panel i get an AL 12, spindle overload. I checked the three fuses on the green board and they are ok. The fanuc drive seems to boot ok from the status lights but as soon as it gets a rotation command ie orientation or M3 it errors. Prior to the AL 12 error, the display shows "0000". I removed the motor wires and checked and the the motor winding are not shorted. Anyone have the fanuc service manual for this type of drive (A06B-6059-H212 #H594) or the part that pertains to troubleshooting the transistor packs and firing board?

One of my UVW legs is shorted on the 6DI150A060. Ordered another. I found the fanuc S and P Series drive manual. At 400 pages its got all the info youd ever need. The full 65045e maintenance manual for S and P drives manual is a free download here.

http://www.prodsa.com.ar/integrador...MOTORS/Servo-Spindle Drives S and C/65045e.pd

(OOPS looks like you cant post links here so PM me if you need to know the url).

Very slow and 50 megs. Also, I had to stop and restart the download from the download window a few times to get it to complete.

I replaced the bad 6DI150A060 with a used one from ebay I got for $149. (Got lucky and it tested okay). Powered up the machine and performed the tests for the firing board in the service manual, (just measuring voltage between CN4 CN5 and CN6 and RST UVW). No errant voltages. Started the spindle. Spindle seems to be fine again. Orientation is ok as well. I got lucky!

Back