What's new
What's new

Trying to resurrect a 1994 Miyano BNE 34S, Fanuc 16TT

aj

Hot Rolled
Ok, so we got this Miyano BNE 34S in (on a dare, I think). It'd been sitting for the last 5-6 years at another facility, dead. We tried to power it up and couldn't get past the card configuration screen. So we sent the entire rack to a place in Tennessee (NOT Tennessee Industrial) and 5 months and $8,000 later I can get it to power up, load parameters,'home' in X1, X2, Z1, Z2, C1, C2 and B, but I can't get either turret to rotate and 'home'. I've got air going to it, hydraulic pressure is up, but there's a red Machine Alarm that won't go away, and there aren't any alarm messages listed on the control. Any suggestions where I should look next? I've looked at Param 1815 and there's no listing for an "A" axis so I'm assuming that means they're Geneva type indexers? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you reload the PMC side parameters?

To figure out the alarm you will need to look at the A addresses in the PMC diagnostics and see which one(s) are 1(on). There will usually be some kind of chart or table in the documentation that explains what the alarm is. Without documentation you can sometimes figure them out by looking at the ladder diagram rung that drives the A address that is on.

I've looked at Param 1815 and there's no listing for an "A" axis so I'm assuming that means they're Geneva type indexers?

Does your control have a param 4077?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back