What's new
What's new

TSC collets? Where to find

Maritool is my typical source. Great quality, USA made.

I'm a fan of Maritool but their collets are not made in the US, toolholders and pull studs yes. I have many Maritool collets, regular and sealed, and I'm satisfied. If you're looking for the best though, that title would most likely go to Rego-fix.

The swiss shop next door turned me on to "Ridiculous Machine Tools" on eBay. I get them next day and the quality has been very good, especially for the price on the sets.

https://www.ebay.com/str/ridiculoustools

"USA QUALITY CONTROL" What a load of crap. Looks like these guys buy a load of chinese tools and claim usa quality control to add value and resell.

I bought bunch of chinese collets when I started up. The ER 16 collets are almost free from china so thought it might be worth a shot. Had to toss about 25% of them for runout problems. The remaining ones were not that great but usable. I replaced them all with decent ones year or so later. If you have any kind of reasonable budget for tooling might as well skip this step and just get a decent set from the start.

"USA QUALITY CONTROL" What a load of crap. Looks like these guys buy a load of chinese tools and claim usa quality control to add value and resell.

I bought bunch of chinese collets when I started up. The ER 16 collets are almost free from china so thought it might be worth a shot. Had to toss about 25% of them for runout problems. The remaining ones were not that great but usable. I replaced them all with decent ones year or so later. If you have any kind of reasonable budget for tooling might as well skip this step and just get a decent set from the start.

As someone who painstakingly sources US-made materials and parts for his own product line, I get what you are saying. However, I've not had a single problem and neither has my neighbor who's made millions and millions of Swiss parts using these things. The reality is, however, that with a proper partnership with an overseas supplier, one can import just as high quality a part from China, India, Mexico, or Brazil as one can from Lithuania, Spain, Croatia, etc.

I say find a *supplier* you can trust, who stands behind what they sell, and use them.

Back