What's new
What's new

turning stepped washers 10 at a time between bar pulls

implmex

Diamond
Good morning All:
I have stepped washers to turn from 1" brass bar.
I currently turn one. bar pull, turn another, bar pull etc etc.
The turning cycle time is short...under 20 seconds so the unclamp, pull reclamp operation set is getting to be a major part of the cycle and it's noisy as hell too with the pneumatic collet closer hissing and farting every 20 seconds or so.

What is YOUR favourite way to make ten in a row and then do one bar pull and then another ten in a row, and another bar pull etc etc. (they're skinny so the stickout to turn ten is not a problem)

If I was just parting off washers I'd just code the whole works longhand, but there are enough operations in each part I don't want to write all that code, I want to run some sort of subroutine so I can just call it as many times as I want, offsetting it in Z after each repeat.

How would you code it?
The control is a Fanuc Oi Mate TC on a Prodigy gang chucker.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

I'd probably just go with a While cycle. Have the washer program set to loop 10 times then do the next pull and repeat. Hell you could do a while cycle for that as well if you are using the same length of bar and you know how many pulls you can get out of each one.

G50 or G52 work shifts?

That or use Macro variables and a count-up system? That would be easy to program with a loops that makes one, adds/subtracts to Z and makes another, etc. until a counter is up. You could also stick a safe cutoff at bar start outside of the loop, and then stick the bar pull on the back end of the loop, with a counter there to keep track of your total bar length and what you have left.

ETA: all you would really need to do is add the looping code and change your Z values to calculated Macro variables. Program in incremental (other than Z positioning moves).

Allow enough for part off and machining of next part - but there are a few ways. You could shift the work zero with a G10 command incrementally every part, you could write the whole thing long hand, or a combination of long hand code and incremental shifts in Z axis.
Me? I'd just write it out long hand.

O1234
G10 P0 X0 Z-5.
M98 01235

G10 P0 X0 Z-4.5
M98 O1235

G10 P0 X0 Z-4.0

etc

N1 T909 (BAR PULLER)
G10 P0 X0 Z0

bla

M2