What's new
What's new

Turret reset but it's one off

RickR

Plastic
Hello! I replaced batteries on my servos etc. I'm trying to get my turret reset now. I go through the process but when I run it or move turret manually its always indexes one spot.off. Doesn't matter if I reset it up or down one spot it goes the same wrong position. I'm not a programmer. They got this machine had a guy write programs for us. I modify them but look at sites like this for help in this department. It's a Yama Seiki with Fanuc oi-TC. Any help would be great. Only use this machine to thread PVC pipe.

If the turret is servo driven, there's usually a counter that stores the position. Go to the system screen and look through the submenus for one labelled counters. Index around until you find one that counts up/down with the turret. Offset screen, set parameter write enable to 1, set the counter to the right number. PWE off. Cycle power.

really hard to know what is correct screen unless you find in the manuals or somebody tells you how.
we got a short work instruction how to get to the screen and check what pocket it thinks is by tool change arm upper turret and lower turret and how to correct it if incorrect. what i did is ask maintenance guy and i wrote down what he said and made up the short work instruction on how to do so i did not have to keep bothering him. actually my machine there are 2 screens with turret pocket info and if they do not match usually get a parity error or counter error and turret will not move as a safety precaution
each machine different so i cannot say how on your machine

Back