Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    I have a program which runs with a USB security key (dongle). My colleage sitting next to me keeps unpluging the dongle to use it on his PC. This is realy frustrading and requires lots of fumbling under the desk. Is there any device out there that let us to run the program on two computers with only one dongle?

Any advice would be most welcome
    You can try to share USB dongle over LAN (WiFi or any network) with additional soft like this - FlexiHub: Share COM and USB over Ethernet and access remote USB and Serial Port devices or USB Network Gate. But you and your colleague can not get access to it simultaneously. If one uses it then the second access right is truncated. Unfortunately, USB devices can not be used by several machines at the same time.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How about one of the "programmers" go out and make some money, instead of sitting on his/her ass taking up time. If you have 2 programmers who I assume collect a paycheck, arguing over 1 nethasp, because you don't have $3500.00, 1 of the 2 needs to go generate the revenue.

R

3. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make one guy work night shift. Problem solved.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Unahorn View Post
    Make one guy work night shift. Problem solved.
    It's funny that running 3 8 hour shifts in a software seat at the same time and then doing nothing for 16 hours is considered different than running 3 consecutive shifts for the same 24 total hours of programming.

The next thing they should do is sell 8 hour seats of software so guys have to start programming on paper if they want to work a 10 hour shift.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was going to recommend having one programmer offset their shift if need be. That is what the company I work for did when one of our computers went down. I went to sort of a mid shift so I could keep in touch with dah shift, but had about 5 hours to myself to program. It worked out so well that we kept this arrangement even after replacing the computer. Just a thought!

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Green0 View Post
    It's funny that running 3 8 hour shifts in a software seat at the same time and then doing nothing for 16 hours is considered different than running 3 consecutive shifts for the same 24 total hours of programming.

The next thing they should do is sell 8 hour seats of software so guys have to start programming on paper if they want to work a 10 hour shift.

Did you really revive an irrelevant post from two years ago just to be sarcastic?

Country
    FRANCE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlFaller View Post
    You can try to share USB dongle over LAN (WiFi or any network) with additional soft like this - FlexiHub: Share COM and USB over Ethernet and access remote USB and Serial Port devices or USB Network Gate. But you and your colleague can not get access to it simultaneously. If one uses it then the second access right is truncated. Unfortunately, USB devices can not be used by several machines at the same time.
    Hi. In addition, I will throw another software that can be used to gain remote access to the dongle Donglify Donglify - share USB dongles over a network connection. "The multi-connect function currently works with HASP HL ​​Pro, Sentinel HL Pro, SafeNet eToken 5110, and CodeMeter CmStick security keys. USB dongles of other types can be accessed from only one computer at a time."

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by YoadShikary View Post
    Hi. In addition, I will throw another software that can be used to gain remote access to the dongle Donglify Donglify - share USB dongles over a network connection. "The multi-connect function currently works with HASP HL ​​Pro, Sentinel HL Pro, SafeNet eToken 5110, and CodeMeter CmStick security keys. USB dongles of other types can be accessed from only one computer at a time."

Great, Just help the thieves by giving them the ability to clone USB keys.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Holy thread necromancy, Batman.