Two computers on one dongle - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Country
    BULGARIA
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    I have a program which runs with a USB security key (dongle). My colleage sitting next to me keeps unpluging the dongle to use it on his PC. This is realy frustrading and requires lots of fumbling under the desk. Is there any device out there that let us to run the program on two computers with only one dongle?

    Any advice would be most welcome
    You can try to share USB dongle over LAN (WiFi or any network) with additional soft like this - FlexiHub: Share COM and USB over Ethernet and access remote USB and Serial Port devices or USB Network Gate. But you and your colleague can not get access to it simultaneously. If one uses it then the second access right is truncated. Unfortunately, USB devices can not be used by several machines at the same time.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    4,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1204
    Likes (Received)
    2536

    Default

    How about one of the "programmers" go out and make some money, instead of sitting on his/her ass taking up time. If you have 2 programmers who I assume collect a paycheck, arguing over 1 nethasp, because you don't have $3500.00, 1 of the 2 needs to go generate the revenue.

    R

  3. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    51

    Default

    Make one guy work night shift. Problem solved.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unahorn View Post
    Make one guy work night shift. Problem solved.
    It's funny that running 3 8 hour shifts in a software seat at the same time and then doing nothing for 16 hours is considered different than running 3 consecutive shifts for the same 24 total hours of programming.

    The next thing they should do is sell 8 hour seats of software so guys have to start programming on paper if they want to work a 10 hour shift.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    108
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Default

    I was going to recommend having one programmer offset their shift if need be. That is what the company I work for did when one of our computers went down. I went to sort of a mid shift so I could keep in touch with dah shift, but had about 5 hours to myself to program. It worked out so well that we kept this arrangement even after replacing the computer. Just a thought!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    2,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    545
    Likes (Received)
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green0 View Post
    It's funny that running 3 8 hour shifts in a software seat at the same time and then doing nothing for 16 hours is considered different than running 3 consecutive shifts for the same 24 total hours of programming.

    The next thing they should do is sell 8 hour seats of software so guys have to start programming on paper if they want to work a 10 hour shift.

    Did you really revive an irrelevant post from two years ago just to be sarcastic?

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    FRANCE
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlFaller View Post
    You can try to share USB dongle over LAN (WiFi or any network) with additional soft like this - FlexiHub: Share COM and USB over Ethernet and access remote USB and Serial Port devices or USB Network Gate. But you and your colleague can not get access to it simultaneously. If one uses it then the second access right is truncated. Unfortunately, USB devices can not be used by several machines at the same time.
    Hi. In addition, I will throw another software that can be used to gain remote access to the dongle Donglify Donglify - share USB dongles over a network connection. "The multi-connect function currently works with HASP HL ​​Pro, Sentinel HL Pro, SafeNet eToken 5110, and CodeMeter CmStick security keys. USB dongles of other types can be accessed from only one computer at a time."

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    2,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    545
    Likes (Received)
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoadShikary View Post
    Hi. In addition, I will throw another software that can be used to gain remote access to the dongle Donglify Donglify - share USB dongles over a network connection. "The multi-connect function currently works with HASP HL ​​Pro, Sentinel HL Pro, SafeNet eToken 5110, and CodeMeter CmStick security keys. USB dongles of other types can be accessed from only one computer at a time."

    Great, Just help the thieves by giving them the ability to clone USB keys.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    90
    Likes (Received)
    64

    Default

    Holy thread necromancy, Batman.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •