What's new
What's new

Unnecessary tool changes

Does anyone know how to get rid of redundant tool changes for the same tool? The spindle goes up for a tool change when moving between operations that are using the same tool but there are different diameter callouts on the two ops. does anyone know how to fix that without changing the diameter callouts? I'm using a fancy 11m with onecnc xr7 mill pro

just put in the different dia call out numbers
I have 3 ops running on one table in one program all have differnt dia offsets.
1st op tool 2 is d2
2nd op tool 2 is d22
3rd op tool 2 is d32
your numbers can be any dia offset number you want.

post a sample of your program

It sure would also help if a code snippet is shown ....
It might (likely) have nothing to do with the control, rather how the code is posted.

I know in mastercam there's a check box for force tool change, if you don't click it it doesn't do a change for the same tool doing subsequent ops...you can always go into your code and edit out the tool change and/or g28 move.

I know in mastercam there's a check box for force tool change, if you don't click it it doesn't do a change for the same tool doing subsequent ops...you can always go into your code and edit out the tool change and/or g28 move.

I am thinking its a cad software issue and not a control issue, kinda like you and seymor mentioned.
also guessing the OP has no clue how to fingerbang cam and doesnt understand codes.

I usually hand edit out the redundant stuff CAM puts out, mostly if its running many parts. For just a few I might not bother.
You can also work on using the control for tool wear/offset, or do your CAD differently so that things cut on size/mid tolerance with 1 tool size. I usually do that and program the actual tool size with is often 1-2 thou smaller than nominal.

OneCnc has a checkbox (option) to eliminate redundant tool changes, code, etc.
It is in the Post/setup, or the main/preferences. I can't remember which.

Back