What's new
What's new

1993 Haas vf2 hit reset during homing

LonnieD

Plastic
ok I realized I left the vice handle on one of the vises as I was homing the machine for startup, I hit reset and tried to rehome the machine. z and y work perfect, x is now going the wrong way (to the right) and will go till it hits the limit switch. Machine was finishing the x when I was homing the machine when I hit the reset. What do I need to do to straighten this out.
Thanks a bunch
Lonnie DeTurck

Hmm, that's odd.

It almost sounds like the left "home" limit switch is stuck activated and the machine is attempting to drive off of it.
But!
I know for a fact that new(er) such as 2000 vintage machines do have a timeout and throw an error if the limit switch is not deactivated
after a certain amount of screw revolutions.

Perhaps someone with older machines can chime in if theirs also drive forever...

There is an I/O screen in the Diagnostic pages where you may be able to see the status of the home switch, though on mine it does not
appear to change states when homing....... Could be the scan refresh rate is not fast enough to respond to a quick travel-on and off event.
I can see the state change on the A axis though.

Try turn on "jog with out zero return" jog away from the limit switch and then try to zero it.

If that doesn't do it, then you probably need to take the cover off and clean out around the switch.

I'll ask the dumb question. Did you turn the power off and then back on again?
Thanks, because I was going to ask the same thing.

Full power down with the axes off the limit switches, restart and re-home.

Back