What's new
What's new

Upgrading RAM/Max RAM on Dynapath Delta 20?

rpseguin

Stainless
I’m looking to upgrade my Dynapath Delta 20 CNC control to whatever the maximum RAM it will support.
The SRAM chips on my Dynapath Delta 20 board are 32 pin 128Kx8 Toshiba TC551001BPL-10, CMOS SRAM
I'm wondering what the max RAM the Delta 20 board could handle (256Kx8? 512Kx8?)

I've found these 512Kx8 CMOS SRAM:
AS6C48-55PCN - Low Power CMOS SRAM 4MB 32pin 6mil DIP 2.7-5V 512k x 8

Here’s my CPU board showing the SRAM chips at positions C5 and C6

cec67c2f614d6495fb6f9ad052228054.jpg

Have you figured out how to address the additional memory? Anyway the answer to max memory is directly proportional to available address lines.

Have you figured out how to address the additional memory? Anyway the answer to max memory is directly proportional to available address lines.
From memory hacks in the past, I'd say it depends on the original design.

Controls that came with 8, 16, or 32k of memory were designed for 32 and populated with 8. If you just upgrade the ram, the board is designed to see more and does so automatically. The 5's were this way.

If you were already at the top of the design, then tough luck. As you say, without additional address lines it ain't gonna see no mo.

If I remember correctly 128 K is the max memory upgrade on my early 90's Delta 20. Dynapath has the 128K RAM still, I had them install one while doing other work on control a few years ago. Don't regret the upgrade even if it was a little pricey.

If I remember correctly 128 K is the max memory upgrade on my early 90's Delta 20. Dynapath has the 128K RAM still, I had them install one while doing other work on control a few years ago. Don't regret the upgrade even if it was a little pricey.

If you have the 4202371 CPU it seems to have 128K installed even though 60K was standard allocated. While I'm just guessing here I'd say they just set a bit in the EEPROM. Does anyone happen to know that address? Macros are at 00A and 00B.

If you have the 4202371 CPU it seems to have 128K installed even though 60K was standard allocated. While I'm just guessing here I'd say they just set a bit in the EEPROM. Does anyone happen to know that address? Macros are at 00A and 00B.

I have the 4202371 (E) (Dynapath Delta 20 upgraded from a Delta 20) and it showed 60K of space available when empty, but it definitely has more RAM than that going by the RAM chips soldered to the board.

The options are turned on by a PAL chip. You have to give dynapath a call and order the option or find a matching processor board with pal chip with the extra memory turned on.

The options are turned on by a PAL chip. You have to give dynapath a call and order the option or find a matching processor board with pal chip with the extra memory turned on.

On the 4202731 CPU board the GAL16V8 with the sub number 5005 or 7002. Does anyone know what the difference is on these?

I know this is an old thread. I’m working on decoding the number written on the Gal chip. It is a hex number . Can the original poster list what options his control has-7002 ,
and the last response do the same -5005?
My Tree has what was uploaded to be a Delta 20 , but turned out to be a delta 10. Its only option is rigid tapping. It’s gal chip code number is 0020. Gal chips can be security protected by burning the security bit. These are not complicated devices and with enuff info, I’m sure can be hacked. Thanks

You might but Dynapath is still in business and goes out of its way to help customers. I am sure they can sell you what you want for a reasonable amount. Just remember if you by pass the security then you shouldn't get made when someone does it to your bank account.

I talked with Dynapath and they are unreasonable. As for your analogy about my bank account, please piss off...
It is your choice to finance already greedy overpaid control providers, I’m sure you are quick to open your wallet willingly to Fanuc. I’m not,
Doesn’t sound like you run your own show or you work for one of these greedy bastards. Just because you are incapable, does not mean I am.
Don’t suppose you wanna donate to my Dyna dog go fund me account? Didn’t think so.
I share info with like minded folks, it’s us against them. When /if you are her own your own shop, you will get it.

Back