What's new
What's new

Urgent help needed with Hurco power on.

valterroque

Aluminum
Hello all.
Please excuse my English (not native).

I have purchased an 2007 Hurco VMX 24s with Ultimax 4 control, to initiate my own business.
Machine was running perfectly and is in a as almost as new state.
Machine was professional loaded and secured during transportation and arrived
perfectly to my shop.
Machine was disconnected from power for a few months while a brand new and certified electrical
cablin was was installed in Shop.
Today (finally ) i got connected to the grid.

Problem.

Machine powers on ( control, the ventilation unit in electrical cabinet, the ventilation in spidel, etc).

Control displays the following message:

Choose appropriate softkey.
Press Manual mode, Power, and Cycle Start to restore Power.

I have released the emergency buttons, and follow the control steps but with no luck. Cant seem to restore power.

Manual mode light does not activate, but control seems to be on manual mode.
Power on button does not power up or shows any light even when pressed for a couple seconds
Cycle start button also does not show any light.

Am I missing anything? I am not familiar with Hurco, but this should not be complicated.
I can navigate on control with no problems, can light it on from control, but cannot open the doors(security) and chip conveyor is not moving also.

I have attached a link of a video to demontrade my steps on control.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Airg4lew6s13g4hc3c-w49XLdSpVSQ

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me on putting this machine to work. It will be my bread and butter.

Thank you so much.

I couple of things to check, machine has normal air pressure? Chip conveyor reconnected and on if equipped?

I would start looking for things in the E stop circuit that may still need to be connected.

It's still in e-stop for whatever reason, so it won't let you power up in that state.

In manual mode go to diagnostics and check for any obvious problems.

On all Hurcos I have used air pressure, lube level etc. are not wired into the e-stop and also have specific messages on the screen you are looking at. Some Hurcos also have operator panel diagnostics where you can check if all the panel buttons, switches, keys etc are working properly. I am not familiar with the Ultimax 4 control so I can't really give you specific instructions.

I couple of things to check, machine has normal air pressure? Chip conveyor reconnected and on if equipped?

I would start looking for things in the E stop circuit that may still need to be connected.

Chip conveyor is connected and does not have a E-Stop. Air pressure I believe is good but will recheck later.

It's still in e-stop for whatever reason, so it won't let you power up in that state.

In manual mode go to diagnostics and check for any obvious problems.

On all Hurcos I have used air pressure, lube level etc. are not wired into the e-stop and also have specific messages on the screen you are looking at. Some Hurcos also have operator panel diagnostics where you can check if all the panel buttons, switches, keys etc are working properly. I am not familiar with the Ultimax 4 control so I can't really give you specific instructions.

Will Look into. Come back here later.

Problem solved.

E-Stop button in spindle was tight( maybe from so much time sitting ) it could fool you(It did fool me).
To deativated you push it back and it seemed it was ok, but in reality it need to be extended out more and it was somehow tight.
Thank you all for the tips.
God bless you all.

Problem solved.

E-Stop button in spindle was tight( maybe from so much time sitting ) it could fool you(It did fool me).
To deativated you push it back and it seemed it was ok, but in reality it need to be extended out more and it was somehow tight.
Thank you all for the tips.
God bless you all.
Hello.
I am having this same issue.
Where is this estop on the spindle located that you speak of ?
Thank you for any help.

Hello.
I am having this same issue.
Where is this estop on the spindle located that you speak of ?
Thank you for any help.
Hi
Sorry for late reply. I dont get any notification for updates on the threads
It is located at the outside of the spindle box housing. Its a little red e-stop.
In my case it appeared it was pushed out but in fact it had more room to travel.
try pushing yours out a bit more.
Photo attached.
Regards

Attachments

• vmxspindle.JPG
    vmxspindle.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 10

Back