Using Trigonometry for manual programming - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CORONA VIRUS
    Howdy Bill. #3 was a test. It isn't even needed. It can all be done with 1 and 2
    Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Pray tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

angelw,
    The above is just mean. All miss things but no need to make it hard or a shaming episode.
    You don't have a better half so maybe hard to understand that thing called diplomacy and treading lightly.
    Do you understand the thinking process involved here and the why even if failed?
    I now sort of rate you right up there with the OP's teacher as to understanding people and how to lead or teach.
    There is no doubt you know this shit like the back of your hand and the go-to guy. The ability pass it on to those not in your mindset is a different task and takes a lighter touch.

Back off a bit. Ask leading questions but do be so over the top.
    There is no need to get dope slap happy but I do admit to doing it here. Always felt bad afterwards and wanted to retract it later.

I am confused about you and probably you about me.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    angelw,
    The above is just mean. All miss things but no need to make it hard or a shaming episode.
    You don't have a better half so maybe hard to understand that thing called diplomacy and treading lightly.
    Do you understand the thinking process involved here and the why even if failed?
    I now sort of rate you right up there with the OP's teacher as to understanding people and how to lead or teach.
    There is no doubt you know this shit like the back of your hand and the go-to guy. The ability pass it on to those not in your mindset is a different task and takes a lighter touch.

There is no need to get dope slap happy but I do admit to doing it here. Always felt bad afterwards and wanted to retract it later.

Bob
    Hello Bob,
    What gets my goat, is when some who purport to know a bit, make a reply on the Forum in such an authoritative manner, that a newbie, such as the OP of this Thread, takes it as being fact. Then if challenged to explain, they don't come back with an answer, or they get their nose bent out of shape.

I have time for newbies and it would be fair to say that I try and help them on this Forum; I don't hang shit on them.

I participate in a lot of CNC, Turn Key projects and of a consequence, I'm dealing with newbies (as far as the new equipment and process is concerned) on a very regular basis, but on an industrial level rather than educational institution. And I break things down to their simplest form, rather than confuse them with solutions that are above their math, or other specific skill level.

As far as CORONA VIRUS is concerned, if he can demonstrate a solution with just the two triangles he specified, I'll be happy to eat humble pie. But I believe that will be a long time coming.

Regards,

Bill

Country
    LATVIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suspect his "2 triangle" solution would turn out to be the exact same thing you posted in post number 4, it takes 2 triangles to get to the slope angle, once there you still need to calculate 2 more legs (3rd triangle), then add/subtract to get the P2 coordinates

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jz79 View Post
    I suspect his "2 triangle" solution would turn out to be the exact same thing you posted in post number 4, it takes 2 triangles to get to the slope angle, once there you still need to calculate 2 more legs (3rd triangle), then add/subtract to get the P2 coordinates
    Hello jz79,
    In my book, if he meant the two that he specified, plus another, then he would specify the other. Is the OP to guess the third step?

If I was uninformed, I would comprehend "It can all be done with 1 and 2",from CV's Post, as the solution could be achieved with just the two triangles.

Regards,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    angelw,

Bob

Are you kidding me?

Sweet William has got to be one of the most polite keyboard jockeys on here!

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I think that this needs posted here:

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I was taught 40 yrs ago that triangles had 180*, and all of our werk was based on that principal.
    However, I finally saw the error of my mentor's ways, and now realize that there is 270*, and have now had to go back and recalculate a LOT of work!

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

This needs reposting