What's new
What's new

Valvoline clear cut oil?

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
Anyone used Valvoline clear cut oil? I just found it, coincidentally for sale at supercheap auto (an Australia automotive parts store) where i could get 30% off right now, so i ordered some.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience good bad or indifferent with it?

Cheers,
Trav

Anyone used Valvoline clear cut oil? I just found it, coincidentally for sale at supercheap auto (an Australia automotive parts store) where i could get 30% off right now, so i ordered some.

Cheers,
Trav

Zero experience. "Valvoline", a very old-line branding - was only spun-off back out of Ashland oil about a year ago.

But I THINK it has a counterpart in another Tier One maker's line - Exxon/Mobil, probably one of the water-solubles in their Mobilcut family. Not all are water-miscible.

Looks right useful, regardless, what with the wide ratio for blending with water of anywhere from 5:1 to 30:1:

Clear Cut Oil | Valvoline

I looked at Thermites link and the Vavoline is indeed a soluable oil. Not sure if there is any relations ship between Vavoline and Exon/Mobil products, We do use Mobilmet 427 and it is a strait noncorrosive cutting oil that is almost as clear as water, the 427 is NOT a soluable oil but meant to be used strait.

All that said Vavoline is an old name reliable company, if they are putting this out I would expect it to be good.

Cheers,
Trav

Let me know how it go's.

Been running MQL in my machine, it's ok but I have been thinking about going back to the flood and I have been looking for something to use which doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Let me know how it go's.

Been running MQL in my machine, it's ok but I have been thinking about going back to the flood and I have been looking for something to use which doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Will do. I used to use and love Rocol ultracut clear, but at more than double the price of this (and most other coolants around) I just can't justify it.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

No one wants it dry

Well -this one is a manmade blend with synthetics, but still. Surprised it has to come all the way from a firm in Appalachia, USA and can still enter the Aus market at a decent price-point vs "the majors".

OTOH, from Big Bang onward, it has always been a seriously well-run company:

Ashland Inc. - Wikipedia.

I had been dithering over a Mobil product as lower-cost than a Trim that AlfaGTA has had really good experience with, will now go see if Valvoline have a "neat" cutting oil that saves me more-yet, "right here at home."

Thanks for the thread start on it.

I would never even have thought to look the Valvoline direction, otherwise. Chevron, maybe. but that's because I like the dividend checks!

:)

Will do. I used to use and love Rocol ultracut clear, but at more than double the price of this (and most other coolants around) I just can't justify it.

I was in the same boat. So I went to a MQL system which is OK but I don't like it on deep pockets. My big problem is my machine may sit for months at a time and the coolant starts going off then when I have a heap to do I have to change it. Apart form the skyrocketing prices for the stuff the cost for getting rid off the old stuff is also ridiculous here.

Back