What's new
What's new

Venture vmc hydraulic pressure switch

messar

Aluminum
I recently took the plunge and bought the (very) low price Emco Venture VMC that had lost it's parameters.

It turns out, it's basically the same machine as a Bridgeport or Hardinge from the same timeframe, built in Taiwan (Finetech). I was able to get parameters to load (which went fairly smoothly after figuring out the RS232 settings).

I replaced the estop switch (broken), and have a new door switch on order (gummed up, and solenoid stuck, and fried the control board).

I'm seeing a 'low hydraulic pressure' fault - since the machine doesn't have hydraulics as far as I can tell, I'm assuming this is the air over oil knockout cylinder? Does anyone have any idea where this switch would be on this machine? The cylinder has a solenoid with 2 airlines, but it's quite hard to get at (head covers need to come off, and I can't jog in estop). Is this solenoid where I should be looking, or is the switch somewhere else? (even an idea what it looks like would be appreciated - parts list is less than helpful.
Thanks,

matt

I would say that your parameters are wrong. Specifically the PMC parameters.

Are the parameters you put in the original parameters, or are you saying you took another machine's parameters and put them in?

There's no way there'd be a pressure switch on the knockout cylinder. If the machine does not have hydraulics, then there's only a few options of why you're getting an alarm:

1 (most likely): there's a keeper or other PMC parameter related to hydraulics, and whether or not it is equipped with them.

2 (unlikely but possible): the alarm should say "pneumatic/air" instead of hydraulic, and it was lost in translation.

3: it really does have a hydraulic pump that you overlooked, or it should have been equipped with one but you didn't get it when you bought it.

I really doubt #2.

If the same builder was building other machines, and some of those other machine (whether emco or other brand) had options for hydraulic tool changers, drawbars, or anything else hydraulic, and you have the parameter turned on for that, of course it will give you that alarm.

As an example of this, we have 2 leadwell mcv1000's. one has 24ATC, all pneumatic, and the other has 40ATC, with hydraulics. The only way the machine knows this is with a few pmc parameters.

Back