What's new
What's new

Very Large Turning Capabilities

Tim Strasser

Plastic
I have a part I need to bore the I.D. in. It has an outer body of Ø72" and an inner diameter Ø69" x 157" lg. Anyone know of a machine shop that can handle a part that big? It only weighs about 15,000 lbs.

Try

MC Machine

9000 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland, OH 44129

(216) 398-3666

It has been a couple of years since I have dealt with them, but they are into BIG parts.

I'm thinking Ox knows the magic answer.

If you want to pay freight to Utah, I have the answer. But I doubt the whole part is worth it.

R

...It has an outer body of Ø72" and an inner diameter Ø69" x 157" lg...

Are you boring to that diameter for the full length? It's one thing to turn the OD, face and bore to an internal shoulder
but if you've gotta go full length now that's a project! What tolerances do you need? That piece only has a wall
thickness of 1-1/2"....I can see the possibility of some flexing and maybe some chatter. Good luck...

Hmm,,, Would that be Prime Machine? I spent some cold days running those Rafamet and Froriep VTL's.....

Yup, I think the big Raf-rat went down though. And there are a couple guys with big Manuals too.

Now that I'm saying it a loud, the OP may have better luck---not only posting in the commerce sub forum(where it should be), but in the general sub. Lots more Manuals with that capacity than CNC.

R

Back