What's new
What's new

Vickers Acramatic 2100

JaredW

Plastic
I have a VMC 1060 Tree Mill with a Vickers Acramatic 2100 programmer on it. I am unfamiliar with the way it works and have a few questions about it. If anyone is familiar with the acramatic 2100 please contact me. Thank you.

lots of people here have used that control, post some questions and I'm sure they will get answers. there is also lots of info online alreaddy, a quick google will find most things including manuals.

Alright so here is my problem. I have never used the acramatic 2100 before. I am trying to zero my part. As far as zeroing my X and Y axis that works fine. When it comes to zeroing my Z axis on the part I can't get that figured out. It's different from just touching off with your tool and pressing part measure like you would on a Haas. I need detailed help on how to actually zero the Z axis on the part. Every time I try the tool is always the same distance from the part that the tool actually measures from the spindle.

Now your talking about the guage height. How I did that and if I'm wrong correct me. I took a 2" gauge block and placed it on the vice then with no tool in the spindle and tool 0 displayed i brought the spindle down until I got a slip fit with the gauge block, set my machine tram, and then did the exact same process for my tool also using the same 2" gauge block to set my tool length. Still same results.

Actually pretty simple with this control.

1. Set tram height via the pendant by setting the spindle nose above a standard point. I use a 4" height setter on the back jaw of the vise.

2. Set the height of each tool by jogging to the same height setter, and press "set tool length" on the pendant for each tool.

3. Once all your tools are set,move the presetter to the top of your part/stock. Touch any tool to it.

4. Go into your setup page, and select "set current position" in the z box. Use the onboard calculator to subtract the height of the presetter (in my case 4"), save, and then click the blue button icon to populate the field.

5. Select "make setup active" if you haven't done so already.

I am going to try that right now I'll be back shortly to let you know results. Thanks.

Alright so I did what you told me step by step to the T. Still yet I am getting the same results. Right now my Z axis machine position is at -17.06673 and my command position for the Z axis is set to -20.42042. That's the position after running the program the Z axis will not go down any further and that's where I'm at a stand still.

i do it differently once all the tools are set as per Nami posted i use the set position button on the home screen.

one of the things i love about this control is that you can configure the home screen however you like, this dose mean that you might not have that button but you can get to it by pressing;-

"display" in the bottom right corner then
"coordinent setup menu"

I have done it that way as well. It's still hanging up above the part. So what I did was go to the RAP page to start the program again my X and Y axis are set to zero and the machine moves to the position as intended but instead of having 0 for my Z axis I touch off on the part again with my tool and press the "Get Current Position" button. After that the Z axis goes where it is supposed to go but the Z axis is not set to 0 anymore its a negative number which I'll have to keep track of to know how much I'm taking off or how deep I need to plunge etc. Does this sound correct or even if it's incorrect do you guys think this will work? Thanks again.

you say in one of your posts you're looking at machine position, this should never change do you mean current position?

can you post a photo of your main display?

Thank you guys for all your help and advice. I finally got everything up and running correctly. I'm still figuring out the RAP function on it, but in time ill have that down pat as well. Thanks again.

You'll find it's very easy control to use. Very advanced feature set, especially for the age. Look up G45 settings for accel deccel settings. I use 45.2 for any tight tolerance stuff. You can go into the settings and make up custom ones as well.

Have Fun,

Burt

Back