What's new
What's new

Citizen A20 (2015) No Z offsets

Triumph_Machine

Plastic
Not sure if this is an option we just don't have with the machine or if there is a parameter I can turn on to get Z offsets.

Currently just using a G50 W Shift to get the tools in the right spot as a workaround.

This is only an issue with the endworking tools (T11-T14, and T31-34)

The book shows how to set the tools, but I don't have the soft key options the book shows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The way I do it for T11-14 is to face the stock with your front turn tool (or whatever tool defines Z0.0 in your program), leave the main collet closed then call T11 dia or core from the prep page, physically slide the tool holder against the stock and tighten it down. Repeat for the other tools.

For T31-34, you have to have the part to correct length in the sub spindle collet. Assuming you have the work piece stick out defined accurately in MC Data, you can set the length using the Len setting and jog to part to the tool, using a piece of paper to get you within a few thou.

Press the right or left arrows on the soft keys when the tool you are setting is selected. Length will be an option unless your control got jacked somehow??

This is only an issue with the endworking tools (T11-T14, and T31-34)

tools 31-34 also have the longitude setting to adjust from the z2 - 0 point
if you are looking for tool geometry offset page there is not one

are you trying to shorten tools in t11-t14 so that they are not at the face of the part(z0.) ?

can you show your program and picture of what it is you are trying to do

Are you sure you have the proper screen displayed? In my Tsugami there is screen 1 for the main spindle side and screen 2 for the sub side.

Back