Wanting to design a vacuum fixture. - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Allied seals. Tight tolerances on their EPDM cord stock and I buy thousands of feet from them every month (4000 feet came in today). McMaster has good stuff but the rolls are tightly would and the inner part of a 100 foot roll gets compressed when winding and either stays that way, or expands slightly when un wound and left in a pile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pirko View Post
    Look on the picture. This is what you need. Regards Libor
    Attachment 255055Attachment 255056
    I was using a router to make them before what a mess. The router does not tap and it doesn't make nearly as nice of an edge finish. It took me all day with the router to make 40 of them now I make one every 7 minutes and I don't have to sand the edges to fix the finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This special router Works more than 15 years in aerospace company. On programs for Boeing, Sikorsky, Bombardier, Alenia and so on. Roughness cutting edge must be better than 3,2 Ra.
    What you need machine or technology. I know both ways how. Regards Libor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How many parts you will makes. If you have small amount look on this
    Witte Barskamp KG - Hightech in Aluminium
    Regards Libor

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How many parts you will makes. If you have small amount look on this
    Witte Barskamp KG - Hightech in Aluminium
    Regards Libor
    Thanks Libor but I set out to make a dedicated vacuum fixture and it is working. I have a large router with a 15 place tool changer and a 54" x 96" vacuum hold down total travel for this machine is 75" x 125". I was making this part on the router table and have made a few hundred of them with the router. I have outsourced thousands of them in the past. I was spending all day to make 40 of them on the router. The mess was all over the shop I had to run the machine as manual tool change to place the mist nozzles close to the bits the edge finish was at times acceptable and most of the time was not acceptable. I ended up sanding the edges.

The vacuum fixture on the router was designed to hold sheets of plastic and it works really good for that it did not work as well holding sheets of aluminum especially if the sheet wasn't very flat. The vacuum fixture on the router will suck the plastic sheets flat but was not great with aluminum once I started cutting out the parts. I added 6 - 1/2" dowel pins and that helped but still was marginal.

I changed the design when I got the VMC and added tapped holes. I now pay more for the blanks I used to buy 4' x 8' sheets of material now I have my supplier cut blanks 19.25" x 11.75" that fit my new vacuum fixture this cost a few more dollars per unit but the time savings making them on the VMC makes up for the difference and then some. The whole product got a re-design I was spending about 50 hours to make 50 of this product the old way. The new design changed the way I made the plastic parts that fit on this bracket. I can now build 60 of this product in about 16 hours. This allowed me to lower my price to make this product much less expensive to the consumer and sales are up.

When I first started making this product back in 2006 I was number one in the market over the years many competitors have sprung up and my sales were sagging so I needed to do something to try and reclaim more of the market. I am very happy with the new design and time to make a unit I will see how the sales go.

6. Likes Vancbiker, mountie liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a FYI, 1/4" x 12" bar is available and a sliding miter saw will cut 12" width stock. I found out awhile ago that this is by far the cheapest way to get this size of plates ready to machine. The only downside is bar is not as flat as sheet. If you get a custom run you can have the bars cut to a custom length, instead of 12', so you don't have any scrap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear,
    The vacuum clamping is very easy. I am ready help you and start you router working well. But may English is not good. We will work step by step. I will send you private message.
    First problem is quality of cutting edge. Please send me which type router you have. We use Ibag spindle with 2,4 kW and 42 000 rpm. A tool has 6 mm (1/4 inch) 1 Flute spiral. Regards Libor

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear,
    The vacuum clamping is very easy. I am ready help you and start you router working well. But may English is not good. We will work step by step. I will send you private message.
    First problem is quality of cutting edge. Please send me which type router you have. We use Ibag spindle with 2,4 kW and 42 000 rpm. A tool has 6 mm (1/4 inch) 1 Flute spiral. Regards Libor
    That is very nice of you to want to help me Lord knows I usually need the help, but I am set for making these parts for now.

I may have been able to add more vacuum to my router table but I can't tap holes on it and I can't contain the mess. The spindle will not reverse and has no torque at speeds for taping .If I turn on my dust collection system it coats the inside of the ducts will oil residue with the dust collection off it flings chips for a 10' + radius around the machine then I spend an hour cleaning the mess. Moving this job from the router has been a good decision. My router does a lot of things very good this is just not one of them. There is a tool for each job i am glad to get this machine back to what it does best.

Besides the addition of a VMC I added a new bigger tumbler from C&M Topline now since the edge finish is nice from the VMC I just put 2 of the parts after they are bent into the tumbler for 45 minutes no deburring or sanding what a time saver and I am not breathing aluminum dust.

This is what it does best.
    YouTube

This is a video doing the old parts talked about on this thread.
    YouTube
    YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidScott View Post
    Just a FYI, 1/4" x 12" bar is available and a sliding miter saw will cut 12" width stock. I found out awhile ago that this is by far the cheapest way to get this size of plates ready to machine. The only downside is bar is not as flat as sheet. If you get a custom run you can have the bars cut to a custom length, instead of 12', so you don't have any scrap.
    The material needs to be 5052 AL it gets bent into a channel I will post a picture of a finished part.

This one has a nice vinyl wrap on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190424_141242.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know. The video on you tube is Great professional for great production. This is system Cerenau from France Routing of Aluminum Sheets - CRENO Industry. The machine Is may own idea which I send you. Please can you tell me how big production you planning in future. Look on Private Mesage !!!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gundog View Post
    The material needs to be 5052 AL it gets bent into a channel I will post a picture of a finished part.

This one has a nice vinyl wrap on it.
    Kool, made in America!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see you tube again. This is not vacuum clamping. This is nesting with micro bridges. Do you know nesting software?
    Best Regards. Libor