What's new
What's new

Wele VMC's any good?

ManualEd

Stainless
They seem to be a Taiwanese-built offshoot of Toyoda.
Is an AA1165 with Fanuc 31i comparable to any of the Japanese c-frame mills? Or is it similar to Haas in rigidity and power?

X-axis 43”,
Y-axis25.6”,
Z-axis 23.6”,
BOX ways on all axes,
20/25hp,
CAT 40 taper,
15,000rpm DDS spindle,
32 ATC,
coolant through spindle,
Fanuc 31i control with 600 block look ahead,
2,400lbs table capacity
Max cutting rate 393"/min

They don't look very common, and I don't think I've seen them talked about on here, aside from one or two old threads.

Thanks!

Wele is the builder for Toyoda/JTEKT, Toyoda does not build VMCs in Japan. I saw that machine in person at IMTS along with the rest of the line, it's a heavy boxway VMC. Sharp makes a line of VMCs that are nearly identical.

In terms of rigidity, just look at the size of the base and column and notice that the Y axis has 4 boxway rails.

Wele is the builder for Toyoda/JTEKT, Toyoda does not build VMCs in Japan. I saw that machine in person at IMTS along with the rest of the line, it's a heavy boxway VMC. Sharp makes a line of VMCs that are nearly identical.

In terms of rigidity, just look at the size of the base and column and notice that the Y axis has 4 boxway rails.

The Y axis looks beefy as hell.
It comes with a dual contact spindle as well.

How capable is the Fanuc 31i with 600 block look ahead compared to HSM toolpaths?
Would it be pausing to think every time it changes direction?

How capable is the Fanuc 31i with 600 block look ahead compared to HSM toolpaths?
Would it be pausing to think every time it changes direction?

600 block lookahead is all you ever really need. I think the max they offer is 1000. If you need more than that you are either feeding mach booking, or your point to point distance is way to small for the speed you are moving, and it is hurting you more than helping you.

I just had someone recommend a dealer that sells Wele machines and that is the size machine I am looking for. What is ballpark pricing for that machine? I see you are in Canada as well.

Back