What's new
What's new

What's this? Fanuc 0iTB lathe

Those G codes are calling macro programs and passing the values of the addresses to local variables. You would need to see what macro program is assigned to those G codes and read through the macro to determine what it is intended to do.

I believe those are Manual Guide-i (Fanuc conversational) blocks. What make of machine is this? If it's a Doosan, they call it EZ Guide-I. G1140 is an inner threading cycle, and G1450 is a start point definition. IMHO, only useful if you're going to do your programming at the machine, and even then, most of the documentation I've seen isn't that great.

Or just write a threading cycle for the individual part program? If it's 20UN thread (which we use on maybe 25 parts) it'll always be the same few lines except for X and Z. Seems simpler than having to fiddle with strange code.

That jibberish is code for "Manual Guide i". It's the conversational side of the control. It works and actually you can switch back and forth between that and regular g-code programming on the fly.

Brent

Back