What's new
What's new

What's your opinion about using this method to realize DNC processing?

Hello, I come from China. At present, there is such a product in China, which can add USB interface to old CNC machine tools, transfer processing programs with U disk, DNC processing with U disk, and call processing program of U disk with m198. What do you think of this?
I think you're going to get clobberred in about twelve seconds. Besides the question of spam, which you might get away with in this case because a USB interface would be highly desirable,

1) your website doesn't work

2) what the hell is an "old CNC machine tool" - that tells people NOTHING

3) what the hell is a "U disk", as far as I am aware that is also a non-existent item

4) what the hell is "m198" supposed to do ? That doesn't work with any control I've ever owned

Basically, what I think is, bigtime fail.

Hey, you asked ...

I think M198 is a subroutine call off of an attached memory card instead of the sub being resident in the control.

Nothing new with the USB interface. Trip-Lite USA-19S is a USB to Serial adapter. I use it on all my machines (Fanuc) and works great.

And yes... pretty spam-ish.

Why do Chinese companies that are trying to market to English speakers often fail to hire someone bi-lingual in both languages? I know plenty of those people exist as I worked with a good handful of them decades ago and they were nothing but fellow factory workers. What we usually get is someone who either speaks Chinglish or using translating software trying to market a product to us, very unprofessional.

Trip-Lite USA-19S is a USB to Serial adapter.
Wull dangle mah dooh-dah, I wasn't even thinking of a stupid usb-serial cable that you can buy at any computer store for $15. I thought they built some spiffy device, maybe with a raspberry pi, that meant you could walk up to an old control and pop in a thumb drive. That'd be sneakernet but a lot better than a 100' serial cable.

Totally worthless spam, if this is what s/he's talking about.

Ok,we will send some pictures remarks.,it will be easy to understand.
微信图片_2018092509330431.jpg
微信图片_202009211341481.jpg
微信图片_20200921134138.jpg

Attachments

• 微信图片_201809250933043.jpg
    微信图片_201809250933043.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 39
Why do Chinese companies that are trying to market to English speakers often fail to hire someone bi-lingual in both languages? I know plenty of those people exist as I worked with a good handful of them decades ago and they were nothing but fellow factory workers. What we usually get is someone who either speaks Chinglish or using translating software trying to market a product to us, very unprofessional.

Too cheap to hire it done right, they also assume that xlating is nothing.

I don't get what this guy is trying even sell? Says dnc, but then something about converting to a usb...?

BTW, fuck everything dnc, what a pita

Back