What's new
What's new

When did speedio go from X1 to X2?

The first X2 (version 2 essentially) was the M140X2. The new M200 and M300 are actually X3. Then the R650X2 with 40+1 tools came out about a year or so ago. This machine was a radical change from the R650X1. The S300, 500 and 700 machines are now out as X2. It's been a couple of months. The S300X2, S500X2 and S700X2 machines are the first major revision of those in about 6 years. Casting updates with improved dynamics, provision for Brother robot on casting for 500 and 300, sheet metal improvements, coolant/chip flow improvements, Tool changer improvements, larger control cabinet for automation capabilities, FASTER.... Just installed two S500X2 machines in a shop with X1s and cycle time dropped about 10%. That was with faster T200 rotaries but machine itself is noticeably smoother and quicker. Hard to imagine because the X1s were very good already. Too many details to get into here.

The first X2 (version 2 essentially) was the M140X2. The new M200 and M300 are actually X3. Then the R650X2 with 40+1 tools came out about a year or so ago. This machine was a radical change from the R650X1. The S300, 500 and 700 machines are now out as X2. It's been a couple of months. The S300X2, S500X2 and S700X2 machines are the first major revision of those in about 6 years. Casting updates with improved dynamics, provision for Brother robot on casting for 500 and 300, sheet metal improvements, coolant/chip flow improvements, Tool changer improvements, larger control cabinet for automation capabilities, FASTER.... Just installed two S500X2 machines in a shop with X1s and cycle time dropped about 10%. That was with faster T200 rotaries but machine itself is noticeably smoother and quicker. Hard to imagine because the X1s were very good already. Too many details to get into here.

For the M140X1 to X2, the A axis is reversed, instead of tilting toward the door it now tilts toward the column. The Z axis was also raised, I think it was 10 mm. I know that got me in trouble because my tooling wasn't long enough. I had to come up with the non-standard solution of cutting the Z axis bumper by 6 mm, changing the stroke parameters and fabricating some ramps for the Z axis way cover at the bottom. If you don't have the last flap angled out it will crunch the cover. If that flap is angled out at the bottom, it works just fine.

Back