What's new
What's new

Where to advertise horizontals for sale?

Seekins

Stainless
I am in the middle of purchasing a new Makino MMC cell and the dealer is somewhat dragging his feet on helping me sell the Mattsuura horizontals I have. It would be nice to sell them before the MMC gets here and we move into our new building. Any places you have had good luck dealing with in the past?

Seekins,

I have seen your H300 pc11 on a couple of the used dealer sites, but haven't been spammed with it yet (I recognized the machine and bldg from a previous thread). Not sure what would be keeping them from hawking them hard, other than the fact that they may not think it is a fast mover.

So I know it is OT, but what are the specs on the MMC?

Also, in a recent thread user northwestfab mentioned being in the market for a pallet pool system in the near future. Maybe he would be interested in yours?

I've had good luck with 520 machinery. They are great at selling used Haas machines. Never used them for something like a horizontal pallet pool. I think the market isn't as big with those kinds of machines, so it might take longer to sell.

http://www.520machinery.com/

Everett is a good guy and doesn't play any games.

Machinetools.com

You can open an account for as little as $10/month.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

We bought a horizontal through Champion last year.
They really doo go above and beyond to make sure that all goes well.
Like finding a truck and riggers to make it happen.

Bordering on too much involvement for some of us I think, but I think most people will find a very good experience with them.

I really appreciated the fact that they had the truck connections from years of rounding up trucks already.

I wasn't too happy that the riggers were too lazy to pull the tool chains off of it tho. Could have been down to 9-10' wide down the road, but since they couldn't be bothered to take an extra 20 minutes to pull the chain housing off* - it had to be permitted for 12'+ wide. (lazy morons)

But that has nothing to doo with Champion.

*We had to pull it off to slide it down the isle anyhow, and one guy here took it off in about 30 minutes by himself.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thanks guys. After i started asking they finally started getting them up and promoting them. Its just taken them longer than i expected to make it happen. If nothing else i will just keep them and find work for them. 4 horizontals just eat allot :)

Glenbob, I suggest you try the "Free/ Barter" section of craigslist. That how I got rid of my old bricks from the driveway. I'm sure you'll get some great offers.

I'm with 520 Machinery and we would have the machine advertised in all of the major publications by the end of the day if you need us. Sorry to be the used car salesman of this thread but if we can help call us.

Check the Makino section and ill tell ya all about it!

The Matt's are getting traction, thanks for those that helped out. Much appreciated.

Back