What's new
What's new

Where can I get a quality miniature drill chuck?

mhajicek

Diamond
As above, looking for a miniature drill chuck that isn't hobby quality, and isn't one of those finger-feed ones. For holding drills and reamers in a CM-1, ISO-20 taper, max chuck body diameter 1.250". Straight shank 3/8" or 1/2" would be good.

Thanks

If an "Albrecht style" keyless chuck is what you're after, I have a number of extra new in box Llambrich 0-3mm (not 1/8") chucks available. Like this, except a J1 mount taper, not J0:

Llambrich Usa JKP-30 J-0 $278.25 Keyless High Precision Drill Chuck 0.118" Cap., 0JT Mount Size, Steel | Zoro.com

Llambrich is in the Albrecht class for accuracy and quality, made in Spain. These go for ~$275, I'd sell my extras for $115/ea including shipping. Send a pm or email through my contact if interested.

If that doesn't work out, Misumi sells some small chucks, but they won't be as good a deal as Milland is offering.

I would also be interested in this but a CAT40. I was drilling some 0-80 holes recently and our standard keyless chucks were not holding the shank correct because the shank is so short. Had to use our old beaten shars import mini chuck. Obviously I would like a solution that is better

Three chucks received. They look like just the ticket, thanks!

Very good! Before you set them on their arbors, buy a Class X 3mm gauge pin, and use that to help with looking for a rotational positron on the arbor (lightly pressed on) that gives best TIR. Once you find it, do your final press to seat the chuck. Don't use a ZZ pin, those aren't necessarily straight enough.

Nice thing about a JT1 over a JT0 is that it's much less likely to be tweaked during the full mate onto the arbor. Even so, don't go overboard with the press load.

Back