Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    Yer jus jealous as I ken make any shape I so desire while yer stuck mak'n EGGS.
    Did you know that the pleats in a Chefs hat, represent each way he/she knows how to cook a Chickens egg? True story. My hat has lots of pleats--Okuma Multus. True Mill/Turn--plus some.

R

2. Likes aj liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barratt View Post
    I guess it's Mazak. They automatically apply the offset when you do a manual turret index.
    Errr...I'm thinking Siemens Shopturn does too....?

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    As Mike said, Lathes are scary and bad things happen real fast so double check everything.
    It's funny 'cus *usually* Millers who have never been on a lathe, love to point out that lathing is simple blah blah blah...
    But the things want to throw billets through the screen at you, especially if you forget the CSS max rev spindle clamp, and then while you're watching through the window proving a job out, it's the adjacent boring bar that starts cutting the jaws is the tool you need to be aware of...etc etc...

5. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    You don't need to have a fancy machine to have 2 offsets per pocket either.
    You're not wrong there, I have a Hardinge CHNC that's older than me with a retrofitted Fanuc 21i-T control, thanks to the finicky pneumatic turret I generally run it with a custom made gang tool block in one position with upto 4 tools (where the part allows it) so my tool calls are T0101, T0102, T0103 and T0104.

The turret stays in the same place that way but it'll call a different offset for each tool, if the Fanuc control assumed the position based on the index position running it like that could be a lot tricker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by litlerob1 View Post
    Did you know that the pleats in a Chefs hat, represent each way he/she knows how to cook a Chickens egg? True story. My hat has lots of pleats--Okuma Multus. True Mill/Turn--plus some.

R
    Amazing how educational this forum is sometimes.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd have 2. Over easy and scrambled.

9. Likes aj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rocky only has one?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

11. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    I'm just curious as to what control you came from that kept the value active with a manual change. Now that, sounds dangerous......

My Fagor 8055T applies offset when MDI a tool change. Doesn't bother me at all.

On my 0T control if I MDI T100 it does not apply offset. If I MDI T101, it applies offset. I use the turret rotation button so infrequently that I don't know offhand what it does with offsets.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Rocky only has one?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Those weren't cooked Ox. How to "cook" a chickens egg, not how to drink them out of a glass.

R

14. Likes Ox, TeachMePlease, mountie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My bad, I was thinking more along the lines of "prepare" an egg.
    You did specify "cook".

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ondori View Post

1. My tool 12 pocket has a 7" u drill that was already probed and offsets set to T1212.

2. The FANUC operator panel has a little window that shows the current tool (not the actual screen, but the two large red clock radio style numbers). there are also buttons to go up or down and a button in the middle to confirm the tool, which causes the turret to rotate.

3. If I switch to this tool using the hardware keys, it will pull up T1200, and not T1212 as I want.

4. I now go and touch off my workpiece and set G54.

5. I run my program which calls for T1212 and as you guessed it, I'm 7" away.

As you know, the way to do it is, MDI -> T1212. Up until this thread, I had assumed that my 1st "default" offset should always be same as the tool numbers like T1212 or T0303 and that T0300 was reserved for the actual zero position of the face of the turret.
    That is a builder-specific issue and not Fanuc.
    My Haas SL10 and the Mori Duraturn with the Fanuc Oi works fine with a manual ( not MDI ) turret index and correctly picking up the work offset.

On the Haas gang machine it is obviously not possible, so MDI is a must.
    On the Mori NL it is also not feasible, so MDI is necessary.

It's MTB specific.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You only have 1 tool per?
    Or will it automatically pick up one certain offset, and if you want another you need to MDI?

I'm sure that it [again] is MTB specific - as it most anything - but - having it both ways - which doo you prefer?
    Doo you run more than one tool per on that machine?
    If you did - would you still like it?

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since we started talking about eggs. The yolks are orange in the Bandung, Indonesia area. No idea if it was because of different feed for the chickens or what. They also didn't refrigerate them in Singapore for some reason. Also found these, but it was too expensive for me to try (and find out it was gross?)...

Apple Bananas Will Change the Way You Think About Bananas | Extra Crispy

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alphonso View Post

On my 0T control if I MDI T100 it does not apply offset. If I MDI T101, it applies offset.
    That's because T100 indexes to tool 1 and cancels the tool offset. T101 indexes tool 1 and applies offset 1.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fancuku View Post
    That's because T100 indexes to tool 1 and cancels the tool offset. T101 indexes tool 1 and applies offset 1.
    On many Fanuc models that behavior is determined parameter setting. Geometry offsets can be activated by the tool call or by the offset call depending on the parameter. For the 16/18 series controls parameter 5002 bit 1 makes the selection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Since we started talking about eggs. The yolks are orange in the Bandung, Indonesia area. No idea if it was because of different feed for the chickens or what. They also didn't refrigerate them in Singapore for some reason. Also found these, but it was too expensive for me to try (and find out it was gross?)...

Apple Bananas Will Change the Way You Think About Bananas | Extra Crispy

The US is the only first world country where eggs are washed and refrigerated. Everywhere else (AFAIK), the eggs are not washed before distribution. This leaves a film (invisible and undetectable to us) of proteins on the egg that make it resistant to bacteria until the shell is cracked. Eggs are delivered, sold, and stored at room temperature.

In the US, we wash the eggs, which removes said film, and necessitates us storing them in the fridge to prevent possible bacterial infection.

I have a friend who has about 20 laying chickens on her property. Her eggs are collected and stored on non refrigerated racks in the kitchen for distribution to various locals who can't afford as many groceries as they need, and I can tell you that even stored at room temp for a week, there is nothing wrong with those eggs... Best bacon egg n cheese sammich I've had in awhile.

22. Likes mountie liked this post