What's new
What's new

WINCNC trouble with getting plasma to cut

Dakota S.

Plastic
Hi I am trying to figure out how to get wincnc to start a program after it has been imported from a dxf file. I have been able to get the torch to cut manually with the controller. But when I have imported a file that has been programed on either Enroute6 or plasmacam, it will only move the torch head without starting the arc. I can manually start the arc but it will not shut off until the entire program has been run, leaving a total mess. I have been in contact with Wincnc but they haven't been the best help. I have also tried editing the code to add start and stop commands but when I try to open it, it gives me "Error-Syntax-Command or File Not Found". the start stop commands I have been trying to add are M50 & M51. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit for the make and model.
Techno CNC Systems
Machine Model: Phoneix 4896
Plasma torch: Hypertherm Powermax 85

I am using Windows 10, not sure what generation of the Wincnc I am using. I attached a picture of the program, I am not the one who purchased or set up the machine. I just got this job about a month ago and was tasked with getting this up and running.
20201023_130344.jpg20201016_113709.jpg20201016_113717.jpg20201016_113723.jpg

I did some more testing with it and found out the start stop commands are L38 and L39. I readjusted the cut height and it did cut but as you can see it still has a few issues.
20201023_131415.jpg
I am still trying to figure out why it is starting the torch outside of the center piece.

Whenever you are having a program issue the first thing you should state is make and model of machine and the controller make and generation.

Hi I am trying to figure out how to get wincnc to start a program after it has been imported from a dxf file. I have been able to get the torch to cut manually with the controller. But when I have imported a file that has been programed on either Enroute6 or plasmacam, it will only move the torch head without starting the arc. I can manually start the arc but it will not shut off until the entire program has been run, leaving a total mess. I have been in contact with Wincnc but they haven't been the best help. I have also tried editing the code to add start and stop commands but when I try to open it, it gives me "Error-Syntax-Command or File Not Found". the start stop commands I have been trying to add are M50 & M51. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit for the make and model.
Techno CNC Systems
Machine Model: Phoneix 4896
Plasma torch: Hypertherm Powermax 85
I am using Windows 10, not sure what generation of the Wincnc I am using.View attachment 302674

It also sounds like your plasma cutter is not signaling the control box with "ready to move".

Back