What's new
What's new

Wireless ear buds / head phones with noise cancelling - Any suggestions?

Matt@RFR

Titanium
I let operators listen to music or whatever. The deal is, though, that if I have to repeat myself one time when talking to someone, the privilege goes away. Usually they will keep one ear bud in and the other out, but obviously that's no good for protecting them against air gun noise.

I bought these hoping they would also work as hearing protection as well, but the air guns just make the sound go all crackly and loud. Otherwise they work ok.

Do any of you use a setup like this? Wireless and noise cancelling is mandatory. Price is not an issue.

Skip Sony and buy Shure. Specifically

Shure se425

Thank me later, you can replace the cords and swap between corded and Bluetooth and still keep noise cancellation.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Shure se425

Thank me later, you can replace the cords and swap between corded and Bluetooth and still keep noise cancellation.

Also might consider buying silvent 007-L NPT air guns. I only buy those for my shop.

Unfortunately, I don't think any product is going to do what you want, which is to provide good hearing protection, play music, and let people hear you intelligibly the first time you talk to them. Even with regular ear plugs and no music, I occasionally don't catch everything when people talk to me out of the blue.

If I'm wearing hearing protection with integrated bluetooth speakers, I get proper hearing protection, but I'm not understanding you without pausing the music, which is easy and fast.

Active noise cancellation, like the Bose units*, will help a bit with the noise, but I find they're better for relatively constant sounds. I have a pair of the Bose headphones I love on airplanes, but I haven't tested them with an air gun. I have an older unit, but I can try them out with an air gun tomorrow if you want.

*but not the Shure unit that AS9100D references. Those are very nice sound isolating earbuds, but I believe they're passive, not active, so they'll muffle you talking to the wearer as well.

Shure se425

I moved over to the Beat Powerbeats and miss the Sony less expensive over the ear covers. Buy better air guns and move over to over ear units that will get there for most the time.

If your operators are allowed to wear a band (like the croakies for glasses or whatever) Isotunes Pro 2.0 are pretty great. They meet OSHA standards and have a mute switch right on the band.

If your operators are allowed to wear a band (like the croakies for glasses or whatever) Isotunes Pro 2.0 are pretty great. They meet OSHA standards and have a mute switch right on the band.
I like mine a lot, I'd like to know how they stack up the Shure units above.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Ive got the new bose full over ear headphones. They are very impressive, although I haven't tried to converse with anyone while using them.

Also might consider buying silvent 007-L NPT air guns. I only buy those for my shop.

Damn. My inner gear queer (can we still say that?) demanded I have one of these, with the 250mm extension of course, so now I own a $123 air gun.

Thanks! Lol

I prefer either the Bose or Sony over the ear if I am going to wear them all day, and they don't fall out into the coolant. Also over the ear does a better job than the buds in sound isolation. Note that both have adjustable levels for the noise cancelling. At mid level they seem to be a good balance between hearing things around you (including machines with problems) as well as voices but cutting down on the noise. Of course music level has a lot to do with it.

(And yes, the Silvent 007-L NPT are awesome.)

Damn. My inner gear queer (can we still say that?) demanded I have one of these, with the 250mm extension of course, so now I own a $123 air gun.

Thanks! Lol

Well worth the money I promise.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EIPNFYQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

That is the coil hose we use. It's a softer polyurethane type hose that's very flexible and holds it's shape. I can take pics of the hose tomorrow or you can Google that part number and see images.

I prefer either the Bose or Sony over the ear if I am going to wear them all day, and they don't fall out into the coolant. Also over the ear does a better job than the buds in sound isolation. Note that both have adjustable levels for the noise cancelling. At mid level they seem to be a good balance between hearing things around you (including machines with problems) as well as voices but cutting down on the noise. Of course music level has a lot to do with it.

(And yes, the Silvent 007-L NPT are awesome.)
Try shures sometime. You will never buy another ear bud

I use Jabra elite. There is an app that's on my phone. I can control the noise cancellation and hear through. I can adjust the equalizer, and create environment settings. (Push button for driving, shop, home, nagging, whatever)

Head and Shoulders better than air pods in general. But similar in price.

R

Well worth the money I promise.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EIPNFYQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

That is the coil hose we use. It's a softer polyurethane type hose that's very flexible and holds it's shape. I can take pics of the hose tomorrow or you can Google that part number and see images.

Tossed one of those into my Amazon cart, the little 4020 is gonna have some fresh bling soon.

Fun fact- AMZN also sells Haimer probe tips.

Not a popular move but I have a zero tolerance policy for headphones on the shop floor. Far too many times I walked up on an operator having a jam session with their back turned to the machine while the machine was having a demolition derby with itself.

Not a popular move but I have a zero tolerance policy for headphones on the shop floor. Far too many times I walked up on an operator having a jam session with their back turned to the machine while the machine was having a demolition derby with itself.

I also Ban Headphones,ear buds and Blame it on our Workers Comp Survey. My operators all either run two machines or deburr and don't have time to listen or play with cellphones etc.

Back