What's new
What's new

Barfeeder connector on Emco Sinumerik

rpseguin

Stainless
Anybody have the pinout diagrams for the barfeeder connector for an older Emco 365 CNC lathe?
My friend has one and wants to make a jumper so he doesn’t need to hook up the barfeeder.

Got diagram/sketch for such a jumper?

Looks like it’s probably a Sinumerik 840D

cafb05854311712da4f8de3bee01938c.jpg

45f9d786e4fb80b0e9f96b790e5a7a40.jpg

119c8712e2805b429c23312a548b8f3f.jpg

Having problems getting the drives up.

It powers on, but drives don’t seem to be enabling.
Comes up with 300101 Drive power missing.

21cb8374fa360a37ea5761ac4719b0ac.jpg

Then, after pressing Aux On, can hear hydraulic pump kick on and fans spin up for a few seconds and then stop, but getting a

700009 Fault E/R modul

Pressing reset shows 700033 AUX OFF

loader_emco.jpg

First check your incoming power make sure its 400vac leg to leg.
if that's good take one of the covers off the drives, be careful those bars
will ruin your day(s), measure the voltage between the 2, should be 600vdc.

Thanks for your response!
Your jumpering is pretty clear! :-)
Thanks!

Yeah. We checked the AC and DC.
AC Voltage is good.
DC goes to 600VDC for a few seconds when we press the Aux On

The controller is showing 6
You can hear the hydraulic pump kick on for a few seconds when my friend is pushing the Aux On button on the control front panel.

YouTube

View attachment 268123

First check your incoming power make sure its 400vac leg to leg.
if that's good take one of the covers off the drives, be careful those bars
will ruin your day(s), measure the voltage between the 2, should be 600vdc.

Sounds like a bad er module (power supply), If I remember right there will be a 24v signal wire that will come into the AS port on the e/r module then daisy chain through the drives. If any unit doesn't pull the relay the plc doesn't see and throws a fault. no shortcut just keep measuring if you have 24v on the AS out side of each module working your way down. the drive may be good just the relay fault and you can jumper the 24v signal around it.

Did some ringing out of things.
When I press down the Aux On button, the orange/yellow LED next to the green LED on the ER Module comes on briefly and then turns off.

You can see the green LED on the ER Module in the lower left of this picture:

2b63663608dcb176b4ef33e0cb3f7db8.jpg

He also has a Bridgeport VMC 760/22 DX32 that has a Simodrive 611
We powered it up and noticed that when the drives are enabled, that orange LED comes on and stays on and the green LED turns off.

He thinks that the problem might be some remaining interlock. (Door?)

did you measure as1(24v in) and as2 (24v out) for the 24v signal? highly doubt its the safety circuit card and or door switch. when the aux on gets pressed it will have the drive enabled signal sent. it will daisy chain through the drives. if the enable relay on a unit doesn't pull to allow the signal to continue it alarms out. your going to have to start at the first of the chain and see if you have 24v going in. if you don't get the 24v there its going to be a power supply or another relay upstream not allowing 24v signal to the drives. doubt that's the issue though.

If you got 24v at as1 in the beginning, measure as2 while he hits aux on, if you get the 24v signal move to the next repeat. if you find one that doesn't let the signal continue you have found the culprit, however you can put a jumper in to bypass the as1 and 2 port on the offending unit, i've had it where just the relay was bad and jumpered through it and ran the machine.

did you measure as1(24v in) and as2 (24v out) for the 24v signal? highly doubt its the safety circuit card and or door switch. when the aux on gets pressed it will have the drive enabled signal sent. it will daisy chain through the drives. if the enable relay on a unit doesn't pull to allow the signal to continue it alarms out. your going to have to start at the first of the chain and see if you have 24v going in. if you don't get the 24v there its going to be a power supply or another relay upstream not allowing 24v signal to the drives. doubt that's the issue though.

If you got 24v at as1 in the beginning, measure as2 while he hits aux on, if you get the 24v signal move to the next repeat. if you find one that doesn't let the signal continue you have found the culprit, however you can put a jumper in to bypass the as1 and 2 port on the offending unit, i've had it where just the relay was bad and jumpered through it and ran the machine.

Ok. Thanks!
That’s super helpful!
My picture angle isn’t good here, but I think AS1 is the top pin, AS2 is 2nd one and next pin down is ground?

Assuming those pins, we did measure 26V at between AS1/GND while not pressing Aux On. I’m pretty sure AS2 was 0V-ish (again while not pressing Aux On).

I’ll be more careful and methodical next trip down.

Pretty sure this was measuring 26V. AS1/GND?
47f7c2eea57c86e08b7903b75030d987.jpg

measure as2 to ground when aux on. If the contact in the drive pulls shut it will let the voltage from as1 go to as2. if the drive detects an issue it wont pull the contact closed. and that will be the issue.

and for ground I always just use the lugs at the bottom that has like 3 ground wires going to it.

measure as2 to ground when aux on. If the contact in the drive pulls shut it will let the voltage from as1 go to as2. if the drive detects an issue it wont pull the contact closed. and that will be the issue.

and for ground I always just use the lugs at the bottom that has like 3 ground wires going to it.

Roger that!
Thanks!!

We were ringing out the 24V AS1/AS2 lines.
Both AS1 and AS2 are simultaneously high at 26.8V on power on and while pressing the AUX ON button.

YouTube video:

YouTube

This doesn’t sound like what you were talking about since both AS1 and AS2 are simultaneously high and don’t change.

The power supply E/R module has a 6 displayed constantly.

E/R Module While Pressing AUX ON
on a 1996 EmcoTurn 365 CNC lathe with a Sinumerik 840D control:

YouTube

Before pressing AUX ON, control says:
300101 Drive power missing

The drives aren’t enabling.

After pressing AUX ON, you can hear the hydraulic pump kick on, and you can see and orange LED light up briefly on the E/R module.
Then the control says:
700009 Fault E/R Modul

Back