What's new
What's new

Yama Seiki (AWEA) Reviews??

KrustyKorby

Plastic
I am in the market for a new VMC. I am most familiar with haas but I want to make sure that I weigh all of my options. I came across a guy local to me that sells yama seiki machines. I'm trying to find more information on these machines but I do not see much about them on forums. Any additional information/reviews on Yama Seiki machines would be great. The AF line looks most appealing to me. Thanks in advance!

I bought a BM1200 in 2013. That is a Cat50 box way machine.It has spent the whole time machining burnouts or tool steel, in fact it is chewing tool steel right now. The machine has never missed a beat and still produces fine finishes when needed.

I've had an AV-1000 since 2010 and it's been solid. I would defiantly go with the air/oil spindle on the AF over grease pack on the AV if you primarily cut aluminum. They are quite a big step up in rigidity from anything Haas I've used(VM2), much better chip control than Haas, and they don't eat spindle motors/HPC couplings like Haas do. The Doosan DNM5700 is a little bit nicer built and the big+ spindle will absolutely take a heavier cut but has some annoying quirks to the way they set up the ladder.

I bought a BM1200 in 2013. That is a Cat50 box way machine.It has spent the whole time machining burnouts or tool steel, in fact it is chewing tool steel right now. The machine has never missed a beat and still produces fine finishes when needed.
How is the BM1200 holding up for you? we are looking at a BM1500

These are Taiwanese built machines, one of my guys used to work there. They’re in the same group as ‘goodway’ a lathe builder.

Any large brand VMC with 1000mm X travels (40’) should be pretty reliable for a long time. If it isn't a machine in this range personally I wouldn't buy it. With the exchange rate, and COVID making it's entrance into Taiwan recently. Their sales should be suffering and prices may be attractive.

Back