What's new
What's new

YANG SMV1000 no errors, but no functions

KNOXSOF

Plastic
Hello,

i am new to the forum, and helping a friend out with trying to get their CNC running again,
they have a YANG SMV1000, the unit powers up, no errors , everything looks good to go, turn the control to the handheld and nothing happens, attempt to run a program and nothing happens. there are no error codes displayed, the drives in back look to be all clear and ready to run. the only thing that looks out of whack is the Z axis indicates that it is loaded when sitting idle.
i don't know if this is the cause or how i can re-calibrate to set it to Zero and be ready to run.
anything that anyone may have experience with in this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced

20200802_110504.jpg20200802_112415.jpg20200802_115849.jpg

Have you HOMED the machine?

Some MTB's don't let you have control of the machine (MPG) until you have homed that axis.
I don't like that - and a fella could git stuck with a tool up under a recess at some point, but they didn't ask me how to write the ladder, so ...

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

So typically, we would move the axis slightly on manual control and then home it to zero, and it would be good to go.

but as of now.
nothing allows anything to move, attempting a home procedure does nothing. but doesn't flag any fault codes or errors.
its honestly the weirdest issue I've encountered with a CNC. as most would indicate either the axis is faulted or spindle not ready, or something.. but this has nothing indicating why it wont go.
my only other thought would be to attempt to manually disassemble the unit and forcefully move the axis out of tolerance and see if it allows me to move anything.

Try this. Put feed selector knob on 100%, Put function selector knob on Jog(I think that is the second from all the way right). Press and hold Z down jog button. Hopefully head will slowly move down. Do the same for other axi. Select reference/home/auto ref on function selector knob(all the way to the right??) Press and hold Z up jog button until head stop moving. Do the same for other axi.

YMMV

By chance are any of the axi's near full travel?

I have had overtravel before with no alarm.
This can happen sometimes if you shut it down at HOME position and for whatever reason - it hits the O/T switch without making the "soft" limit alarm.

Try to find an O/T Overide button.
If not - then you may be able to just push the table back by hand.
May need some help?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It's hard to tell from the photo but is your machine motions lock button on/lit up? Second row down, second over.

If it has a right arrow icon, this disables all motion during a program on my friends yang smt500, not sure what it does in jog mode but maybe try turning it off.

Back