What's new
What's new

Yasnac 2000G - getting strange alarm condition if stopping in the middle of G76

gregoryd

Hot Rolled
Hi All, I picked up an older (1981) Takamatsu EM-2 turning center that is running a Yasnac 2000G control with the multi-line CRT. I know it is a 40 year old machine, and the older machines can be archaic to learn in, but the price was very low and is the perfect vehicle to decide if I want to invest much much more on a better and newer machine. As you guessed - this is just a hobby in my garage. So far I am having fun learning how this operates and reading all the past threads i can find.

The other day I was working on getting the canned cycles running and started to have trouble with the G76 automatic threading - I kept getting an alarm 15 which relates to chamfer size. After some more experimenting I realized that if I stop the cycle with the RESET button it put the machine in a state that if can not execute the G76 command again. It took me some time to figure this out because I would stop the cycle and change a parameter, and then it would not run. so:

1) If I have a valid G76 code and run it through to completion (M02) I can reset and run the cycle again. I can also edit parameter and run it again.
2) If I stop the valid cycle with the RESET button during one of the passes - and then try to run it again I get the Alarm 15.
3) If I cycle power on the machine the cycle will then run ok.

So - somehow the data is getting corrupted by being stopped in the middle of what is a taxing calculation for the processor - and a power cycle clears it.

I don't see any other way to stop the program while running (I've pushed lots of the buttons). Does anybody have any tips? - or is this just something that I have to live with.

thanks
00Z0Z_4rmQCcaMiuz_1200x900.jpgIMG_1773.jpg

Lucky you, having a multi-line CRT. I have a Yasnac 2000G with one line of LED's :crazy:. No G76 for me, long-hand threading code is all, and that works fine. So, that is one workaround for your problem maybe. Although even with long-hand threading code, if you hit reset somewhere in the middle, I would expect the spindle sync to get grumpy.

But ...

Why are you hitting reset in the middle of a G76? Seems like you are asking for trouble, and you are getting it! Let the G76 do its thing.

Regards.

Mike

Hi Mike, Well at this point in still learning - so as I learn I change parameters if the tool starts moving in the wrong direction, or something else stupid because I used an "X" where I meant to use a "U". Or do not have the G50 nailed down yet (still reading tons of threads on how I should set that and the tool offsets up.)

But you are giving me the information that I was asking - that it may just be the nature of the beast.

So far its a fun diversion for me to problem solve.

closing the loop if anyone comes across this with the same problem. entering the M30 (end of program code) in the MDI helps sometimes with resetting the system, but not always - it's been a trip learning this. Major breakthrough in finding out that "D" needs to be entered without a decimal, where everything else should be. The 40 year old Japanese to english manuals are not the most complete!

Back