What's new
What's new

Yasnac I-80 X and Y axis are unresponsive

Gear105

Plastic
Machine is a 1996 Kitamura Mycenter 3X has been an absolute workhorse.

Intermittent issue has popped up that causes the X and Y axis to become unresponsive. Z axis functions normally. Servos are energized. Encoders are functioning properly and register position if I move the ball screw while E-Stopped. Swapped the FC300B unit with a functioning machine, problem persists. Any ideas? Appreciate any help.

Cheers

That's an interesting issue. Sorry but I have no idea what it could be. I only post to mention that Kitamura USA has free phone support that I have found to be very good, they have saved my ass on many occasions. If you don't find your answers here perhaps try them. While they say it is the U.S. headquarters they don't show anything in Canada.

78 East Century Wheeling, IL 60090 U.S.A.
Tel: (847) 520-7755 Fax: (847)520-7763

I'm not familiar with that machine, but is there any kind of X, Y lock switch or button on the control panel that might have accidentally been switched on?

That's an interesting issue. Sorry but I have no idea what it could be. I only post to mention that Kitamura USA has free phone support that I have found to be very good, they have saved my ass on many occasions. If you don't find your answers here perhaps try them. While they say it is the U.S. headquarters they don't show anything in Canada.

78 East Century Wheeling, IL 60090 U.S.A.
Tel: (847) 520-7755 Fax: (847)520-7763

Hey thanks for the heads up! I have talked to them about the issue and they recommended the board swap. The issue has been intermittent and it just started acting up again on the weekend here. I emailed them and will wait patiently for a reply. I just love having all the machines running. I took the time here to clean out under the covers. It was nasty down there.

I'm not familiar with that machine, but is there any kind of X, Y lock switch or button on the control panel that might have accidentally been switched on?

Thanks for the reply. This is not the problem unfortunately. It will sometimes hang-up in the middle of the cycle while the machine is running.

Back