What's new
What's new

Yasnac i80 thermal issue

MiglioEng2014

Plastic
Ok, so the deal is control works fine until the servos are powered up. No alarms. Just says thermal is no good in diagnostic screen. Any ideas? Also screen is stuck in reset.

No I have not? Where are they located? Machine is a Kitamura mycenter 1

First Generic picture from Google.
J7TK9017R.jpg.ashx

I picked an Omron one, as being Japanese, its possible thats what you have.

Turn the power off, at the main Isolator. Open the cabinet, and look for any thing that looks like this. They will be mounted, directly under the contactor. There would normally be a row of contactors, with thermals under them. Any thing that needs 3 phase switching will use that combination. Hydraulics, Coolant, Swarf conveyors etc.

They have a reset button on them. Press in anything that says reset. If your lucky, you will hear them click back in.

Another hint is that the 3 larger wires going into the top of the contactor, will be marked U,V, W or R,S,T and a number following.

Regards Phil.

First Generic picture from Google.
J7TK9017R.jpg.ashx

I picked an Omron one, as being Japanese, its possible thats what you have.

Turn the power off, at the main Isolator. Open the cabinet, and look for any thing that looks like this. They will be mounted, directly under the contactor. There would normally be a row of contactors, with thermals under them. Any thing that needs 3 phase switching will use that combination. Hydraulics, Coolant, Swarf conveyors etc.

They have a reset button on them. Press in anything that says reset. If your lucky, you will hear them click back in.

Another hint is that the 3 larger wires going into the top of the contactor, will be marked U,V, W or R,S,T and a number following.

Regards Phil.

I will definitely try this in the morning. Should this also cause the controller to be in reset? It's like the reset button is constantly being pushed? Button is not stuck?

Should this also cause the controller to be in reset? It's like the reset button is constantly being pushed?
I assume this is on your Kitamura? You haven't mentioned the machine in THIS thread. We know its a Yasnac I80. Don't start a new thread each time a new thought / fart bubble occurs. Some of us don't have the time to chase your problem's all over Practical Machinist.

In the past 36 hours, you have made 3 different threads, regarding which I can only guess is the same machine. (Or you have 3 machines with different problems). Its hard to fucking tell.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...mycenter-1-yasnac-i80-stuck-any-ideas-350732/
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/kitamura-mycenter-1-help-please-349598/
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/yasnac-i80-thermal-issue-350741/

Getting back to your Reset. It's entirely possible, that a tripped thermal over load prevents your machine from going to drives enabled. Pressed E.Stops, machines sitting on a hard limit over-travel switch, air or oil / lube levels and or pressures, can all contribute, depending on the Hard wired E.Stop circuit, or how the PLC / PMC ladder logic was written.

Can we keep all your problems in ONE thread. I'd nominate this One.

Regards Phil.

P.S Are you certain your in Arizona. I'd pick you for some where in Mexico?

Well Phil,

You know, I appreciate your help kinda? You are the reason I cant stand to ask questions in forums like this because of arrogant responses like your last response. First off, I did mention the machine in THIS post. If you pay attention you would know that before your ignorant response to me not mentioning it. Second, I'm not quite sure where you get your facts from because I did not post 3 things in the last 36 hours? I have 2 machines with issues I'm trying to get some information on. Sorry didn't mean to upset the Practical Machinist Police!

I'm not quite sure how to take your racist response to where I am from (I'm assuming your trying to imply I couldn't be from Arizona because people from mexico are dumb?)Not quite sure on this one? At first I got pissed off, until I seen where you are from, and it all made perfect sense to me. I couldn't help myself from laughing historically when I reread your ignorant response and did it like i was the Crocodile Hunter. Then that made my day!

So, before you go making senseless responses and trying to poke fun at people trying to get some information that they may not be familiar with, maybe you should try to be more helpful and less of a dickhead! Seems like you have some knowledge and could really help people looking for answers. You just need to learn how to speak to people in a more intelligent manner.

Although I do appreciate your more intelligent responses because it is helpful. I am ashamed of your ignorance in trying to police how I use this forum. If I have done something wrong I apologize, just searching for answers to things I'm not quite familiar with. (Thought that was the point of this site?) So I do excuse your pure ignorance in trade for your more intelligent responses. Thank you

Steve-Irwin-crocod_2847616k.jpg

I have checked for something like this in the panel and do not have anything like this. The wires labeled U,V,W all go into a Fuji 45 amp breaker with an off/On switch.

I have checked for something like this in the panel and do not have anything like this.

Well, I've never worked on your machine, but have worked on a fair number of Kitamuras and they all had at least a couple contactors with thermal overloads.

Post a picture of the inside of your electrical cabinet and we might be able to spot them and direct you to them from that.

Well, I've never worked on your machine, but have worked on a fair number of Kitamuras and they all had at least a couple contactors with thermal overloads.

Post a picture of the inside of your electrical cabinet and we might be able to spot them and direct you to them from that.

Panel 1.jpgPanel.jpg

I see three of them, middle of the cabinet to the right side. You can see the blue reset buttons easily. Can't tell if they're popped or not, that's on you.

Since none of them were tripped, please post exactly what alarm number and the exact error message text you have on the control.

It doesn't trip any alarm. The only thing it shows in the diagnostic page shows Thermal "NG" everything else says OK. And control panel is in constant RESET.

Well Phil,

You know, I appreciate your help kinda? You are the reason I cant stand to ask questions in forums like this because of arrogant responses like your last response. First off, I did mention the machine in THIS post.

No you didn't
Possibly your confused with all the other thread's you have started?
Kitamura Mycenter 1 Yasnac i80 Stuck Any Ideas?
Kitamura Mycenter 1 Help Please
Yasnac i80 thermal issue
For the life of my, I cant tell they were different issues. To the point, I think you're lying about having two (2) Kitamura's, that have all turned to shit at the same time.
Your first post, post number #1 was.
Ok, so the deal is control works fine until the servos are powered up. No alarms. Just says thermal is no good in diagnostic screen. Any ideas? Also screen is stuck in reset.
That was the sum total you gave us to work on from post #1
I fail to see where you mentioned the brand of machine in THIS thread. Until post #3. Would it not be with out any doubt, you started this thread, but never mentioned the machine????

There's only a certain window in which we can help. If you want to be a nasty prick. Fact remains you have been all over the place, multiple threads. I currently wouldn't piss in your ear if your brain was on fire.

Back