What's new
What's new

Yasnac i80M - change spindle speed

bear_

Plastic
Hello

this is maybe a very stupid question, but i can't figure out how to change the spindle speed while a program is running.

i tried to switch to MDI, but that does not work.

:confused:

Greetings

bear

i could, but i want to change it while the program is running.

@ the philips 432 control you press MDI while program is running, before the next line it stops and you can add commands, for example change S from 2500 to 2000, return to auto mode, press start again and it continous.

with the 30 taper i often have some probs with vibrations, it would be very handy to change spindle speed during the program

Neither my J50 nor my J300/i80M allows much to be done when I pause a program, I guess that is just a Yasnac thing. Yeah, no overrides suck! My J50 doesn't have them, makes 1400 ipm rapids fun when running programs for the first time.

i have overrides for G0 and G1, but not for the spindle revs... maybe i should take a look at the varispeed manual, maybe there is a possibility

a different question. how can i start the program from a specific point ? lets say, Tool 1 is done, i realise that i entered the wrong length for Tool 2. Stop the prog, change length, and then ? how can i start the prog from T2M6 ? this is also something i haven't figured out yet. typical cam user, no idea about the machine

greetings

i have overrides for G0 and G1, but not for the spindle revs... maybe i should take a look at the varispeed manual, maybe there is a possibility

a different question. how can i start the program from a specific point ? lets say, Tool 1 is done, i realise that i entered the wrong length for Tool 2. Stop the prog, change length, and then ? how can i start the prog from T2M6 ? this is also something i haven't figured out yet. typical cam user, no idea about the machine

greetings
I bet all you need to do is wire in a "pot" for spindle override. All the manuals for your control are available at Yasnac's website, no charge, no registration, no BS, to figure it out.

To start mid program just search down to the line you wish to start at, make sure your in Program mode, press the green button, and your off to the races. Keep in mind it may or may not have any offsets, feeds, speeds, etc. enabled when you press that button, it all depends on how your control is set up parameter wise and where you start. It is a good idea to read a safe line first to reset everything and start at a tool change to catch height offsets, spindle speeds, etc. You can even start at a specific word in a line if you have that parameter set.

When I start mid program I only do so at a tool change and don't need to read a safe line, unless I stopped during a canned cycle or such.

Do you have a JCP05 card? If so then you have the High Speed Machining option :):):), which is a total game changer for accuracy at higher speeds. I ask because when I got my mill used I didn't know it until someone here spotted the card in a photo I posted. It totally changed my opinion of my machine, totally!!!

Back