What's new
What's new

Yasnac LX3 Reloading Parameters / Reboot

ducesrwld

Cast Iron
Was having RS232 issues on my old Kia 15 w/ Yasnac LX3 control on it basically had no communication from computer to machine so couldn't back up the parameters. Took the old phone out and took screen shots of all settings/parameters/diagnosis pages. Sent board out to get RS232 components replaced.

Got board back turned on machine and errors galore pop up. When sent out and put on vendors test bench looks like all kinds of parameters and settings were changed. So figured out how to get in and edit all parameters and settings pages. All the diagnosis pages are jacked up but do these need to be reloaded back to match what I have written down? I know these change with the machine operating but right now most of the diagnosis settings are reading 0 across the board compared to what they were before the repair. I try to go in and match to what they were before but when I get done with a few edits and hop back out of the diagnosis setting they reset back to original values.

The machine is close to operation I'm down to some basic alarms now:

327: unfinished prog gen
310: servo off
202 ot (z)
201: ot (x)

310,202, 201 I'm familiar with they pop up all the time and never had an issue clearing. The 327 alarm I've got the mntc manual and have tried clearing all programs going into programs which is under the alarm page in this machine and typing in O9999 and hitting erase. I can't seem to be able to clear the programs out like the manual is suggesting. I can't do anything with the machine hitting the standby button to activate the servos and the usual power up for machine to home out is a no go at this stage.

Before this board repair everything on the machine was running as it should I was just finger punching in programs.

The machine was not left powered down up against the limit switches and when going to the position page its all 0s so its like the machine needs a manual home or reboot to reload position.

Figured I'd throw it out to the forum see if anyone has any idears or been down this road before with a similar machine otherwise looks like I'll be making some calls Monday after the holiday to see what I'm missing here.

Did you clean and reseat all the connections that you may have disturbed during your board R & R? A bad connection can throw up all kinds of alarms, many that don't even make any sense. I once had a connection to a Z axis servo motor loosen and end up with some coolant in it, strangely among the half dozen alarms were 3 relating to the X-axis.

Did you clean and reseat all the connections that you may have disturbed during your board R & R? A bad connection can throw up all kinds of alarms, many that don't even make any sense. I once had a connection to a Z axis servo motor loosen and end up with some coolant in it, strangely among the half dozen alarms were 3 relating to the X-axis.

Not a bad idea I have not went back in and tried plugging/unplugging everything on the motherboard as I took the whole cluster of panels out. All the wiring over the years seem to get nice n rigid. Will try pulling/checking everything in the morning see if I get lucky.

Where's all the other guys running these old red-headed step child Yasnac controls?

Not a bad idea I have not went back in and tried plugging/unplugging everything on the motherboard as I took the whole cluster of panels out. All the wiring over the years seem to get nice n rigid. Will try pulling/checking everything in the morning see if I get lucky.

Where's all the other guys running these old red-headed step child Yasnac controls?

I parted out my MX3 controlled machining center about a half dozen years ago, I hated that control more than any other I ran over decades of running CNCs back to machines with tape readers. Yaskawa does have most of the manuals for free download in PDF form if you are missing any.

Back