What's new
What's new

yasnac mx2 - setting tool offsets

pawel1550

Plastic
Hello,
I am trying to set tool length offsets correctly, but something is going wrong I guess.
My machine is Matsuura mc 760v and control is Yasnac Mx2.

After a touchoff to a part's face with a facemill I have set machine Z-position as a G54. Then i loaded G54 in MDI and touched off next tool to the same face and set universal z-position as tool lenght offset. Facemill have tool length offset set as 0, and second tool is 29.7mm (that is difference in length between those tools)

Here comes something that is the problem to me: I load that second tool offset and get tool above part face with this program:
G90 G54;
G0 G43 H02 Z10.;

Tool goes correctly 10mm above part, but Universal position shows that isn't 10 but 39.7mm (tool offset + distance to part).

How to force universal position to show real distance of tool's tip to workoffset's Z-zero position?
Am I doing something wrong?

English is not my first language so I am sorry for possible mistakes :)

Regards,

Long story short, you can't. I tried with a MX-3 control and could never get it to work.

Yasnac finally fixed this issue with the I-80 series controls in the mid 1990s.

What do you have for the z value in the g54 setting? It should be 0. What is your universal z value, when the spindle is at z home? When you call the g54, what z position is the spindle? It should be at z home.

When G54 Z value is 0, then I must measure all tools to faces of every types of parts I do. I don't want do it like this. I want to have all tools once measured and set only work offset on top of parts.

Back