What's new
What's new

Yet another Fanuc RS232 comm set up problem.

Regina

Aluminum
I am ready to pull my hair out. I have been fighting with this for a week.:angry:
I have the cable configured like this:
http://www.machinetoolhelp.com/_Images/rs232-cable-pin-out.jpg
I am trying to use NC lite to back up my parameters. I don't get an error on the control. it is flashing "output" The Program gives me a Ack1.err instead of receiving the file and I don't see anything about that in the help. I have tested the computers com port with a loop back connector and it is working. I bought the little Rs232 tester and I have green lights RTS and CTS on the control side, and green light of TXD on the PC side which
seems wrong. The txd side never goes out. For f's sake there are only three wires involved here, how can it be so f'd up?. Ive tried selecting software handshaking and no handshaking. I get the same ack1.err either way 2400 baud 7 bits data 2 stop bits, even, and I think everything is right on the control 232 parameters.

I am ready to pull my hair out. I have been fighting with this for a week.:angry:
I have the cable configured like this:
http://www.machinetoolhelp.com/_Images/rs232-cable-pin-out.jpg
I am trying to use NC lite to back up my parameters. I don't get an error on the control. it is flashing "output" The Program gives me a Ack1.err instead of receiving the file and I don't see anything about that in the help. I have tested the computers com port with a loop back connector and it is working. I bought the little Rs232 tester and I have green lights RTS and CTS on the control side, and green light of TXD on the PC side which
seems wrong. The txd side never goes out. For f's sake there are only three wires involved here, how can it be so f'd up?. Ive tried selecting software handshaking and no handshaking. I get the same ack1.err either way 2400 baud 7 bits data 2 stop bits, even, and I think everything is right on the control 232 parameters.

What model control?

16MA, I just found the main problem. The M to F DB9 cable I was using to attach the tester to the transfer cable was not a null modem and has 2-3 crossed at the input vs output. So far I have been able to download the NC param, macro variables, pitch error comp and one of the programs. Maybe all the other programs are already gone? I can't down load the offsets, maybe because there are none stored. Still working out bugs but much improved.

Back