What's new
What's new

Tool change recovery

grizber

Plastic
Good Morning, Does anyone know how to recover a 2010 DNM 500 VMC? The operator hit reset in the middle of a tool change. ATC recovery will not work, P cancel doesn't work. I am getting alarm 2274. Mo6 program isn't working either. Is there sensors I need to adjust? In the status the pot and machine are both showing 0. Is there a Keep relay or pram I can alter to lie to the machine?
Thanks

I say this with caution: Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

It might reset and allow the toolchanger recovery to work correctly.

Or not. Never had to do it on these machines, so just guessing.

I tried to let the machine sit off for 20 mins. No luck. I will try to shut off the machine and try spinning the motor to see that will work. Thank you for the advice.

Grizber,
You may have done more harm than good by shutting the machine down. The tool change recovery procedure works pretty good on the DNM's although a 2010 model is a little before my time. The procedure will not let you do anything out of sequence in order to protect the machine and you. I do have a procedure from 2013 and if you email me, I will send you a PDF. Can't upload those here.

[email protected]

Paul

I found the lever and was able to drop down the arm. The issue now is the machine will not allow me to home out Z , Also still not allowed to do a tool change and or use the ATC recovery procedure.

I wish you luck. We have an old H100 and HP5500 and they are both nightmares when the tool changers get hung up. I hope for their newer mills they have it worked out.

^^^What he said. Something is not exactly where it needs to be. Check any moving parts of the tool change process. Or maybe the machine forgot what tool was in the arm or magazine.

Good morning All,
After releasing the brake and getting the arm away from the spindle. I turned off keep relay 7.6 , by doing this I was able to home out Z. Next I went to the statue screen and went to X0002. I turned the arm until CAHP.2 turned to a 1 letting me know the arm was in the home position and turning the brake to its working position. After resetting the WPMS.6 and WPSS.5 sensors.[ WPMS.6 = 1 and WPSS.5 = 0 ] I was able to run a program slow and watch the tool change. Thank You all for the great information.

Back