What's new
What's new

0t---Schaublin 53 setup

That was interesting. Always liked the layout on those machines, but never having run one i was a little disappointed by the difficulty of changing a tool holder...Draw bolt is pretty shrouded, that and the fact that you have to move the head assembly to get access.....

If that guy worked for me, he would be looking for a new job after wrenching on the end nut of the horizontal arbor without first fitting the over arm support....Very bad practice in my training.

Thanks for posting.
Cheers Ross

That is a good observation Ross. I myself was wondering why he was struggling to tighten the drawbar as I have a 53 and a 53N. While certainly not as easy as a Deckel in the horizontal position with a long arbor, it is not as difficult as he made it. The drawbar threads in so easy by hand and give it a quick pull of the wrench and it is done.
Maybe the threads on his drawbar or the arbor are not good. Also looked like he was shifting the gearbox to hold the spindle tight. The 53 has a mechanical brake (53N is electric) when you stop the spindle, even with the mill turned off.

Back