1986 deckel fp3nc/dialog 4: Power/start-up issue - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At the age (1986) this machine is it's most likely to require a replacement of all the electrolytic
    capacitors. Electrolytic capacitors are usually round tubes that have a plus wire and
    a negative wire that are labeled on the can. If you connect them the wrong way around
    they explode. Usually, the circuit board has a "+" or "-" connection labeled. Electrolytic
    capacitors have a gel inside them, and in time this gel gets dissipated and the capacitor
    slowly dies.

The thing you must remember is that capacitors can kill you even when the machine
    is not powered up. Their job is to hold a charge (think voltage). If there is a
    resistor across the plus and minus terminals this charge will bleed off through
    the resistor. One way to check is with an multimeter reading voltage across the
    capacitor terminals. If you see much of a voltage DON'T touch it! To bleed off
    the voltage you can use an insulted piece of wire and touch both terminals with
    the copper ends of the wire. If the is a lot of voltage there will be a BIG spark and
    you may hurt yourself when you get surprised and jerk your hand away. A safer way
    is to use a resister to bleed the voltage off, and check with the multimeter to see
    if the voltage is gone.

If you don't follow the rules don't F*** with capacitors.

You can replace the CRT with a LCD but first you must find out what format
    the CRT used - composite video, CGA, EGA, VGA ...........etc. Then you can find out,
    by searching the internet, how to convert your CRT format to VGA.

The worst possibility, for your machine, is that an EEPROM has lost a bit and the
    processor is off in never-never land. If you have a watchdog timer status LED
    it will tell you if the processor is lost. If you don't run equipment for years
    on end the EEPROMs can drop bits. Everyone should turn on their machines once
    a year to re-charge the EEPROMs memory. Once the machine comes up normally the
    EEPROMs have been re-charged and the machine can be shut down again.

I saw two amber LEDs lit on your machine - I would find out what those mean
    as well.

Good luck,

Paul Hoffman

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Paul .
    Don't believe that a non electronic guy understands what you write here.
    There are no EEProms only EPROMs. So if the content is bad it will stay bad.
    The signal from the monitor is MGA which is produced from the MC6845.
    Only if you have a NRP53 there may be the feature to get it out as "graphic" .
    If a person is not firm with electronic it shouldn't do any work at the electric side.

There are voltages which may hurt , (as you implied).

Regards Michael
    Keep the deckels alive (and yourself too)

3. Likes JHOLLAND1 liked this post
    Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone,

I have bought Deckel FP 5 NC one month ago. I'm still waiting for electricians to come and plug the machine into electricity. In this time I studied my machine and it didn't run from Feb. 2019. Is there any threat to the computers and its memory when left unpowered for a long period of time? Can I power it via an external power connection?

Another question:
    1) What is the blue outlet on the electric cabinet? In the orange book, it says X7, 62, CCE Steckdose, 2polg. + E
    Is this an output or input?
    2) Does the machine main power come only in X1, X2 connection?
    3) Anyone knows who can I contact if the machine breaks down?

More info:
    Deckel FP 5NC
    Dialog 4
    Has a connection with an external PC (AutoDNC)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likely you will need batteries.
    Check this thread and its connected links.....

1986 deckel fp3nc/dialog 4: Power/start-up issue

1) The blue connector on the large cabinet is an accessory power outlet.

2) Power is connected at the terminal strip.at "X1"...Location varies as per exact electrical cabinet...shown is what this terminal strip looks like on my 1983 FP4NC cabinet...yours could be different
    In my case the incoming three phase power is connected to terminals 1, 2 &3....Along with a ground at the "PE" Incoming power comes in on the three red wires entering the bottom of the terminal strip.

3) Parts : Frantz Singer or FPS in Germany. Local support you will need to source.

Note:
    After connecting main power you will need to check the output of the transformers in the big electrical cabinet...There are taps that allow adjustment of +5, 0 , or -5 % to get the transformer voltages as close as
    possible to their rated output.....There are three transformers that you need to check. "T1, T3 and T2. T1 and T3 are the small ones that control logic power. T2 is the power fro the servo motors.

Cheers Ross

6. Likes skippy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you have problems with this machine and need to post again on this forum for help, you should start your own thread with a descriptive title. That way people can read the title and decide if they have information to provide.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Ross for the information!!

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Teryk, I'm new to this forum. I apologize for writing under this discussion title but I couldn't find a way to make my own.

Best regards
    Domen