What's new
What's new

Abene VHF-3 X-axis lock adjustment

pianoman8t8

Hot Rolled
Hey guys, I couldn't find much about it in the manual. How do I go about adjusting the X-axis lock, so that the lever isn't at full travel and not really that snug? Thanks
2017-12-20 19.09.26.jpg

I tried really hard to get mine off and was unable. I tried oxy acetylene heat almost to the point of no return and it didn't work. I'm guessing it is pressed on or pinned and you can't see it or something. Luckliy mine was adjusted nicely. I have seen others extend the shaft so the lever is out past the casting. To adjust you may have to remove the table and adjust the piece that contacts the dovetail. This is one of the only areas I was unsuccessful in disassembling during my rebuild.

Only problem is I can't get mine off either. It hits the casting when rotating CCW as well. Seems like the only way to remove would be to cut it off.

I have seen images on google of them bent which I assume is from hitting something on the table. The bent ones appear that they would do a full rotation. Cut and replace is a good option if it isn't locking.

Yes , I'm afraid that cutting it of could be the only sensible solution. The original clamp is anyway an ugly thing.:D

Back