What's new
What's new

Aciera 22VA taper drawing

slnielsen

Hot Rolled
Hi there!
I'm in need of a drawing of a taper for our 22VA machine. We only have a drillchuck for it today, and would like to be able to use large size drills, (taper 2 and 3)
Anyway, what a great machine! We also have a Bridgeport clone, that we only use when making heavy work, otherwise we use the 22VA

I too have a 22VA, but have a tool stuck in the
spindle, and I too would like to know how to get
it out.
When a tool is stuck, I have not been able to figure out how to get the spindle apart. Do you have a clue??
You will notice an old posting about this, but have
had no replys.
Thanks
Bill

I'll try and start a investigation "inhouse" to see if we have any kind of documentation ourselves. Since this is a plant, with app. 4500 people working it might take some time.. Maybe I'll be able to help my self this way

If you are abla to find out anything, I would appreciate your sharing the information with me.
Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill!
My examination hasn't turned out succesfull! No documentation to be found.. But the machine we have in my department, is well working. You just pull up the handle to the top position, and with a quick movement the chuck is loose! There seem to be a number of balls holding it. Maybe yours is rusty? Have you ever had it out of the spindle?

Soren,
I have not been able to get the tool out to inspect
the problem. The tool was in the machine when I got
it.
A friend and I have tried everything to get it out
to no avail. I have taken the spindle out of the
machine, and am going to turn the tool down so tha
the snap ring can be removed, and the head dis -assembled. I suspect as you that there is some rust
involved, or possibly somehow the balls have come out
of their sockets.
Thanks for your reply, and looking through the literature files.
Bill

I have an Aciera 24NC and it looks like it uses the same toolholders. It is descripted in the Aciera doc's : SK30 quick change. Has balls in the spindel. Some with the function of gripping the toolholder very tied. Others have the fuction of pushing the tool out of the conus if the handle for the toolchange is pushed to the full end. I have some drawing that explains how to disassemble the spindle and the quick change toolholder.
I also would like to buy or make some extra toolholders for this machine but don't have the manufactur of these cones or any drawings. What is the exact location of the ball holes in the SK30?
This is my machine :
aciera%2024%20nc.bmp

I found this photo on the web.
They are all SK30 quick change toolholders
aciera%2023%20ST%2042%20tools.bmp

Wow, what a machine!!! The tooling you show looks
like the tooling for my f22VA.
Would it be possible for me to get copies of the
assembly drawings and instructions for the spindle??
I would be grateful, and would be glad to pay for
copies and postage. Maybe I can help you find
additional tooling. I don't have any extra at this
point, but I get around and might find some.
Thanks
Bill Kimbrough

I have finally been able to get the stuck tool out,
and the problem was congealed oil/grease on the
tool and teper along with the same in the balls.
In any event, what a drill press!! Just a dream
machine. I am so glad I persevered and got it right.
Thanks for all of the help I have gotten from the
members of this forum..
Bill

I realize this is a really, really old thread, but I recently acquired a few drill chuck arbors with the same appearance as described in this thread, for an Aciera drilling machine. Just curious if anyone would be interested in them before I put them on eBay? They are all for mounting a drill chuck with a JT33 taper. I have 3 arbors without chucks and one has an Albrecht 1/32"-1/2" chuck still mounted to it.

Back