What's new
What's new

Aciera F1

vinay

Aluminum
Guys,

I have a line on one and wanted to get a sanity check on pricing.

2250$ comes with a full set of collets, index head, index plates, vice levers....seems pretty complete.

Havent seen it in person, but seems in good shape.

What do you think? I really have no use for it, but it cute as hell.

Regards, Vinay

Jump on it, if you don't want it i would certainly jump on it!

Not a very practical machine. I have a Schaublin 70 that shares the same spindle collets. They are good partner machines.

Sounds like a great deal if in decent condition. A nice machine for small, precision work.

I went took a look....well it is not pristine but it is all there. Hard to judge how lousy it might be. The power chords has been cut off. Everything moves (perhaps, not so smoothly). The guy did say the Bottom of the mill and cabinet had been left outdoors, the head and accessories were indoors.

I am sure there is wear, not sure how bad it is. I left a 100$ deposit.

Regards, VinayACIERA F1 402.jpgACIERA F1 399.jpgACIERA F1 387.jpg

I was about to say something different before i saw the additional pics. But, with all those accessories, seems like a fair price. What size collet? W12?
Very similar to my Rawyler, except mine is both horizontal and vertical capable.

As is the Aciera

Sorry, what i meant to say is the Rawyler has dedicated horizontal and dedicated vertical. The horizontal motor and drive is built into base with a separate, although very similar, vertical system. This looks like you rotate the head for horizontal milling. Or am i missung something.

Sorry, what i meant to say is the Rawyler has dedicated horizontal and dedicated vertical. The horizontal motor and drive is built into base with a separate, although very similar, vertical system. This looks like you rotate the head for horizontal milling. Or am i missung something.

Yes. The cast iron holder which holds the spindle in vertical position sits in the top of the milling machine and can rotate as you noticed correctly. But if to take that part away completely and take the spindle out of that part as well, the spindle can be inserted from the back in that part of the mill vertically and put through so the mill holder end comes through. The spindle diameter is the same as the bar at the end of the intermediate part. Maybe this is not too clear but look at Tony Griffith's http://www.lathes.co.uk/aciera/index.html

Regards, Charles

Vinay, what about your potential purchase?

At this price and in that condition, it is a must have.

wondering the same thing. I believe one sold on ebay with in the last 4 months for over 10,000, but I didn't copy the ad so its just a memory (stupid ebay and their short memory) Anyone have any other recent F1 comps?

Back