Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Aciera F3/4/5 stuff

A bunch of Aciera F3/4/5 stuff has shown up on the Swiss web site Ricardo. I have no relation to the seller, but thought that some people here might be interested. Here's one item (described as F5 universal table): Ricardo Security Check. Other items are from the same seller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Years ago I tried to register on Ricardo but couldn't as they require a Swiss address.

3. Likes ballen liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Same, tough to actually get stuff off. Wish I could get that universal table out to Australia. Thanks for the link though

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5. Likes ballen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is this alleged F5 accessory? Ricardo Security Check

It would not bolt up to mine as far as I can tell.

download-2.jpg download-3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rklopp; 11-28-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rblalexander View Post
    Same, tough to actually get stuff off. Wish I could get that universal table out to Australia. Thanks for the link though

And the other big problem is that even if one of us could register, the seller will probably not want foreign bidders and even if he is ok with it the cost to get a company to collect it and then palletize / crate would be higher than the item itself. Crating and collecting may be more expensive than the actual shipping cost.

I wish I knew of an inexpensive company or way to get an item picked up and crated. A bit like how some people here figured out that shipping via Fastenal is an inexpensive alternative to standard LTL freight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rblalexander View Post

I think Greub has a couple universal tables. I have no idea how much they want. I bought a fixed table and slotting head from Greub for 1100 CHF total, which was fairly close to par with the US $, and I thought was very reasonable. The shipping and customs fees/duty was about the same amount from Switzerland to California, US.

9. Likes ballen liked this post
    Country
    FRANCE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I managed to register in France, they send you a letter where a code is used to verify your address. I was able to get buy some F4 stuff this way.

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    Years ago I tried to register on Ricardo but couldn't as they require a Swiss address.
    I ignored that requirement, and registered with a German address. So far no problems, and over the years I have bought several items there. But I always write to the seller before bidding, to ask if they would be willing to ship to Germany. No one has ever declined.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alaska
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    And the other big problem is that even if one of us could register, the seller will probably not want foreign bidders and even if he is ok with it the cost to get a company to collect it and then palletize / crate would be higher than the item itself. Crating and collecting may be more expensive than the actual shipping cost.

I wish I knew of an inexpensive company or way to get an item picked up and crated. A bit like how some people here figured out that shipping via Fastenal is an inexpensive alternative to standard LTL freight.
    I shipped two crates from Europe recently. The first was 800 lbs from Singer in Deutschland. The first exporting company I tried to use was very unresponsive. I eventually had to cut them off after a couple of months and try someone else. I used American Lamprecht. They are Swiss based but have an office over the border in Germany and you can interact with their USA counterpart. They charged 700$ for an elaborate crate with shelves to hold the accessories. Air freight was 2200$.
    The second is on its way from Schaublin and I am using the same company to ship. Air rates have gone up a lot in the last couple of months. This crate weighs 400lbs and air freight is 2500. I suspect that more freight is moving by air with sea cargo slowing down. Probably be better after X-mas.
    I was going to see if there was an interest in the details/charges involved in importing this stuff. If there is I will detail it.

13. Likes ballen, Spud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Guy View Post
    I shipped two crates from Europe recently. The first was 800 lbs from Singer in Deutschland. The first exporting company I tried to use was very unresponsive. I eventually had to cut them off after a couple of months and try someone else. I used American Lamprecht. They are Swiss based but have an office over the border in Germany and you can interact with their USA counterpart. They charged 700$ for an elaborate crate with shelves to hold the accessories. Air freight was 2200$.
    The second is on its way from Schaublin and I am using the same company to ship. Air rates have gone up a lot in the last couple of months. This crate weighs 400lbs and air freight is 2500. I suspect that more freight is moving by air with sea cargo slowing down. Probably be better after X-mas.
    I was going to see if there was an interest in the details/charges involved in importing this stuff. If there is I will detail it.

The shipping company builds the crate? How much did they charge for collecting the machinery in Germany, or did Singer ship it to them?

In my case, I would need the shipper or crate builder to go and collect the machinery.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alaska
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to look though the older emails to see what they charged for the pickup.
    But they didn't break out the charge for picking it up and just included it the freight charge.
    importdeckelacc.jpg
    That is the total charge for 10K euros worth of Deckel accessories weighing 800lbs.

The shipping company picked up the walled skid from Singer
    kiste-3.jpg

It looks like they used a prefab crate
    image003.jpg
    And modified it to secure all the items. Only one piece had a small paint chip.
    20211013_162311-1-.jpg
    They did a good job of securing everything.

16. Likes Spud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Guy View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I wanted to look though the older emails to see what they charged for the pickup.
    But they didn't break out the charge for picking it up and just included it the freight charge.
    importdeckelacc.jpg
    That is the total charge for 10K euros worth of Deckel accessories weighing 800lbs.

The shipping company picked up the walled skid from Singer
    kiste-3.jpg

It looks like they used a prefab crate
    image003.jpg
    And modified it to secure all the items. Only one piece had a small paint chip.
    20211013_162311-1-.jpg
    They did a good job of securing everything.

Thanks. So if I assume the crating and collection charges are combined, if so that is a reasonable price. And everthing was done by one company, American Lamprecht?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alaska
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

American Lamprecht is a subsidary of the Swiss company Lamprecht Transport. I only interacted with their American subsidary. They interacted with their Swiss counterparts that did the work. The Deckel/Singer accessories were shipped out of the one German office they have. One of the Swiss offices interacted directly with Schaublin for me. Schaublin did the crating in that case.

Transports: Switzerland and international with Lamprecht

19. Likes Spud liked this post