What's new
What's new

Aciera F3H? With a bizarre table.

Short

Plastic
So I came across an aciera F3 in an auction from a deceased estate. I don't have a huge amount of experience with old Mills but this thing just feels fantastic. The only downside is that it didn't come with much (probably went to someone else at the auction.) And it didn't have a vertical head or power feed with it. while I was looking for some parts (to no avail) I noticed that the table is different to any other F3 I have seen. It has a massive casting underneath that doesn't contain much apart from what looks like some automatic end stops for limiting travel under power feed, and it's missing the components that look like it would have been controls for power feed and rapids and some sort of angle adjustment. I also haven't found any reference to an F3H, is that just referring to horizontal?. I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about it. was it a table retrofitted from another machine? Was it a special purpose machine? I really have no idea.

Thanks, Lachlan

P.S: I'm in Australia by the way

IMG_20191123_165341.jpgIMG_20191123_165350.jpgIMG_20191123_165404.jpgIMG_20191123_165413.jpgIMG_20191123_165423.jpg

Looks like a "production" mill to me. One you setup to run a single job for lots of parts....
Auto stops and perhaps fixed change gear feed gearing. Limited cross travel.
Cheers Ross

Thanks both of you for the replies, I think I will see if I can get in contact with David

Back