What's new
What's new

Aciera F4 Old/New style Slotting attachment

CarbideTip

Aluminum
Hi All,

First post in this area!

I have a 'square style' F4 which I believe is 1970's. I've had it a couple of years, and today I attempted to fit the slotting attachment which I bought at auction some while after the machine. It slides into the head-stock, but before the drive spline engages it seems to hit the end of the 30INT horizontal drive. The slotting attachment is probably from an earlier 'round style' machine.

Am I doing something wrong or are these known to be incompatible?

PC080030.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the fitting end of a later type slotting attachment that I could compare?

Thanks,
Martin

I only have the F5 version, which lacks the dovetail arm on top. Perhaps if you search Greub, Muller, Luthy, etc, you can find a photo of what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew i had them somewhere... but i don't know if they helps.
FWIW I v been told by a dealer that new vs old there is incompatibility
What's Serial number on your machine?
regards
Kyriakos

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.08.17 μ.μ..jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.08.17 μ.μ..jpg
    47 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.08.35 μ.μ..jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.08.35 μ.μ..jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.08.47 μ.μ..jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.08.47 μ.μ..jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.09.02 μ.μ..jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.09.02 μ.μ..jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the responses.

It looks like my slotter is incompatible then.

Serial number (On top of the Z column of my F4 is 37314.

Kyriakos - thanks for the pictures. Would you be kind enough to take one of the fitting end and post it here?
I'll do the same for mine so the next guy can identify which one he has (or is about to buy) and check its suitability.

Martin

Well well - The first picture Kyriakos, is from the auction site. That's the slotter I bought!
The other pictures are of the later style - presumably the one you have.

Here's the full collection of parts that I bought:

Pic1.jpg

Soooo it was you who steal MY slotting head. :)
unfortunately those are pictures from auctions and ebay just for reference.
I don't have any slotting head for my early round F4...;)
I will keep an eye for later style also.
best regards
Kyriakos

Pictures

Well after some trawling I've found a picture of the later 'square' style slotting head and taken one of my 'round' style one:

PC090028.jpg
This is the one I have - 'Round style'

SquareF4Slotter4.jpg
This is a 'Square style' - recently for sale on ricardo.ch.

As is clearly visible, the later ones have a deep recess at the bottom to clear the horizontal spindle.
I've been informed by someone who has both style F4's that the square style head will fit the older machine, but not the othe way round.

Hope this helps.

Martin.

Pictures

Well after some trawling I've found a picture of the later 'square' style slotting head and taken one of my 'round' style one:

View attachment 308130
This is the one I have - 'Round style'

View attachment 308131
This is a 'Square style' - recently for sale on ricardo.ch.

As is clearly visible, the later ones have a deep recess at the bottom to clear the horizontal spindle.
I've been informed by someone who has both style F4's that the square style head will fit the older machine, but not the othe way round.

Hope this helps.

Martin.
Do you still have the slotting head for the round type f4 and want to sell it?
Michael

Yes I still have it and would be prepared to sell or (preferred) swap for other F4 attachments that do fit!
Where are you? Your profile gives no clue as where on planet earth you are.

Yes I still have it and would be prepared to sell or (preferred) swap for other F4 attachments that do fit!
Where are you? Your profile gives no clue as where on planet earth you are.
I am located in Germany, south from Heidelberg. All I can offer you is an universal milling head. I guess you live in the UK?, which means shipping costs would be horrendous and sending goods outside the EU is no fun….Michael

Thank you for the links. I often checked richardo.ch, but the other ones are new to me. But I guess sending goods from the Suisse to Germany is similar as from the UK.
Michael

Back